Main Menu

ICON A5 Crash

Started by OldGuy, August 02, 2019, 07:52:13 AM

OldGuy

Video unavailable;This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.

NIN

What the heck was that guy thinking?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Cliff_Chambliss

He wasn't.

What is it about the Icon A5?  For such a new design it sure has racked up some notable mishaps, most if not all scream pilot error. 
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

OldGuy

Quote from: NIN on August 02, 2019, 09:21:02 AM
What the heck was that guy thinking?
"Hold muh beer?"

Seriously, I suspect that lack of training / pilot error will be the NTSB conclusion. The idea of a water capable LSA is cool, but it maybe more complex than the LSA regs imagined. So many errors in one take-off are hard to imagine.

PHall

It almost looks like he got his flight training on Microsoft Flight Simulator with the crash option not selected.

etodd

The report I last read said two pilots were on board. One was an Icon salesman who was demonstrating the plane to a potential buyer.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Live2Learn

Could it be the wannabe fighter pilot/sports air driver message of company advertising?

OldGuy

Quote from: etodd on August 02, 2019, 06:06:54 PM
The report I last read said two pilots were on board. One was an Icon salesman who was demonstrating the plane to a potential buyer.
That had to hurt!

lordmonar

dead link.   User closed his youtube account
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP