SIMS - Squadron Information Management System

Started by CadetProgramGuy, April 15, 2007, 10:25:51 PM

PDOPAWG

SIMS is currently managed by Lt Col Michael Sperry, DCP, NJWG and is available to all CAP units.
here's the link
http://www.njwg.cap.gov/sims/

Maj Annette Carlson
DPD, PA Wing

Tim Medeiros

Much appreciated!  Does this work with 64-bit platforms yet?
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Slim

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on February 14, 2013, 06:21:48 AM
Much appreciated!  Does this work with 64-bit platforms yet?

I've been using on a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, with Access 2007 and 2010 for over a year, never once had a problem.

Slim

Tim Medeiros

Hmm, when I was using it a while back on my laptop with the same config (it seems) I ran into a series of errors, I'll have to dig it up when I get home for work to remember what they were.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

SARDOC

anybody have a link to a trusty website to download WINZIP free so that I can open the SIMS program.  The CAP issued Laptop doesn't come with it on here.

rmutchler

If you are running Windows 7, you don't need it.  You can just open it as a Compressed folder.  Otherwise, go grab 7-Zip http://www.7-zip.org

SARDOC

Thanks, I've finally got this program working.   Has anybody been able to share the SIMS database via a medium like google or dropbox so that multiple users can update the database?

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: SARDOC on February 15, 2013, 04:20:20 PM
Thanks, I've finally got this program working.   Has anybody been able to share the SIMS database via a medium like google or dropbox so that multiple users can update the database?

Short Answer: Don't even think about trying.

While SIMS does use multiple Access files to separate the front end (the data entry screens and reports) and the back end (the actual data) this requires a continuous live network connection. Having this connection fail mid data change is a prime cause of Access files corrupting sometimes to the point of being unrecoverable.