SAREX Schedules

Started by etodd, July 21, 2016, 06:48:59 PM

etodd

Quote from: JeffDG on July 25, 2016, 04:15:33 PM

The only issue there is that WMIRS 2.0 mission that come from the Training Plans have a month window configured.  So, if we put in the training plan that Group 1 will have a SAREX in October, when that gets cross-loaded from the Training Plans module to WMIRS, it won't know that that SAREX is 21-23 October, it will show in WMIRS is 1-31 October.

Bingo. I'm seeing that month long spread on a couple of ours.

Yes, I guess every single member can go searching through WMIRS ... individually ... every few days ... and see if they can find something new scheduled.

Or as I've said before, when a weekend SAREX date is first set, before any details are worked out, someone at Wing or Region could simply take 30 seconds to send out an email with a Save the Date notice. I look at it as simple common courtesy. It really should not be too much to ask. I can't fathom any legitimate reasons for blowback here, when you have Wings that already have their dates listed on an accessible 2017 calendar .... any and all excuses from other Wings become mute in my mind.

Yes, its really as simple as that. (Well ... should be.)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

RogueLeader

Another way of digging deeper, and I really wish this wasn't needed, is to go into the mission number, and look at the IAP (Incident action Plan) and see if there are dates listed.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

vento

Just thinking out loud here

If I need a few weeks of advanced notice to participate in a SAREX, I will probably also need a few weeks of advanced notice to respond to a real ES mission. Since real ES missions are not scheduled, then most likely I won't be able to participate... hmmm

Luis R. Ramos

The comparison is not realistic.

Sometimes members are not allowed to participate in a SAREX or TRAEX by the company they work for, yet they would be allowed to do so in a real disaster.

Personally, I have never been able to take off work from my employer for training, NYC DOE. Any time off may be seen negatively by many school principals. However after September 11 all NYC DOE employees were given 2 days off which I used to help at a food donation company supervising cadets preparing Care packages.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

etodd

Quote from: vento on July 26, 2016, 01:26:58 AM
Just thinking out loud here

If I need a few weeks of advanced notice to participate in a SAREX, I will probably also need a few weeks of advanced notice to respond to a real ES mission. Since real ES missions are not scheduled, then most likely I won't be able to participate... hmmm

Being called out for a few hours to find an ELT in a hangar, I can very often do.  No comparison at all to a 2 or 3 day SAREX, especially if it requires overnights.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

DakRadz

"Hey boss, there's a (insert mission here) potential plane down two counties or so over and my unit needs me to respond. Can you cover our only 911 paramedic ambulance for up to my whole shift? If it's a false alarm, I'll be back ASAP."

OR

"Hey boss, there's a 3 day exercise I just found out about. Can you call someone in or cover it yourself since I work all 3 days? Nobody's dieing, but, you know, I need practice and we don't actually give advance notice. Because, no planning still works."

Regardless of the rest of the thread, regardless of your personal feelings, management will generally only respond positively to one of the above. Prior planning is considered part of my responsibility as an employee.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk