Col. Louisa M. Morse 3-volume monograph, CAP Uniforms and Insignia, 1941 - 1983

Started by MisterCD, August 23, 2012, 03:52:41 AM

MisterCD

Just spent several hours scanning these documents and thought folks would like to enjoy the work of Col. Morse. The files are large PDFs but worth the download.

http://www.ohwg.cap.gov/wing-historian/capuniformsandinsignia1941-1982bycollouisasmorse

SarDragon

Great stuff! I've been lusting for this work for years. There's a LOT of really great uniform history there, well beyond Major Regan's work, which I also have.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

The hardcopy were available at one time from the bookstore.

Interesting trivia, Col Morse was Wing Commander for something like 21 years in her Wing.

BillB

Don't try to get a hard copy from Vanguard. After the Bookstore shipped all of the remaining copies of Col Morse's books, Vanguard lost them. I emailed Vanguard in June asking about them, and got a reply they couldn't locate any copies.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

MisterCD

Well, I thought these would be handy for folks.  Hopefully all the monographs out there can be digitized and placed in a location where all can download them. 

At some point I hope to make more progress on my retyping of every issue of the CAP Bulletin from 1942 - 1945.  Due to image quality they need to be retyped for legibility and use, but the information in them is fantastic.

saleet

Col Morse also became Middle East Region Commander.  I served under her for a short while.  She was a very gracious lady.