Official Headquarters

Started by Smithsonia, April 17, 2011, 11:16:41 PM

Smithsonia

We had this topic come up once or twice. Now the official word on the various Official CAP Headquarters has been researched by Col. Blascovich. He has posted the information
on the TeamCAP Scribd site. SEE HERE:
National Headquarters Locations History:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/53215071/CAP-National-Headquarters-History

Source:  Leonard Blascovich, Col, CAP, National Historian

With regards;
ED OBRIEN

RADIOMAN015

Outstanding work :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you very much for your efforts.

Locally, I've been working at a snails pace  :-[ to try to form are squadron history from the start.  I even asked a local well known & respected historian for assistance, and he told me that many volunteer organizations didn't keep much records and he would try but if I didn't hear from him, it meant he didn't find anything.   Unfortunately I never heard from him  :(

Perhaps next month as the Unit PAO I will issue a news release attempting to get historic information (My squadron commander & I have already discussed this numerous times, on our history).

I'm wondering what would be a simple but effective method(s) at the squadron to preserve our history going forward ??? 
RM

BillB

RM
You might also check with your Wing Historian. He may have records or files stored away that might be helpful to you. He may have Wing orders or newsletters from 19XX that lists Squadron activity, Commanders etc.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Smithsonia

regarding squadron histories. Mark Hess at Team Cap is working on about 2500 squadron histories from 1941-1975 with a publication date of later this year... perhaps within a few months.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

tarheel gumby

Quote from: Smithsonia on April 18, 2011, 04:50:11 AM
regarding squadron histories. Mark Hess at Team Cap is working on about 2500 squadron histories from 1941-1975 with a publication date of later this year... perhaps within a few months.

Ed,
   Can you send me the contact information so that I may send to Mark my squadron's history.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

tarheel gumby

RM,
Look to old News Paper archives to find information on your squadron. I was able to find out the month and year that my squadron was formed from old news paper articles. I also was able to find a lot of information on the squadron's activities as well.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001