"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Nolan Teel

In all seriousness... It sucks what happened... but can we please stop this thread?  I mean cant we focus on something more pressing....  I think we need to change our patches again!  Who's in?!

Strick

I think the new logo would look good as a patch on the new pink flight uniform with purple grade and orange flight badges.. ;D
[darn]atio memoriae

helper

I concur, this topic has been exhausted so Best of Lock and I'll help it move closer to the magic 1000.
Mitchell (pre-number) & Earhart (2144)

Strick

[darn]atio memoriae

Strick

[darn]atio memoriae

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Strick on December 23, 2009, 07:54:47 PM
What does CSU stand for again! ???

CSU stands for TPU, i.e. WHSRN Uniform.

Also, interesting perspective NOW is to look at this thread from two years back. http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=3215.msg60737#msg60737

Sad to see how most members were proven wrong as to the CSU lasting effect, especially on the future historical potential of this uniform:

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on October 03, 2007, 05:32:34 PM
Aw, C'mon...

You KNOW there's about as much chance of "TPU" dropping out of the CAP lexicon as there is for getting Air Force pilots to stop calling the A-10 the "Warthog." 

Besides, 20 years from now, when I'm sitting in a rocker doped up with medicine at the "Old CAP Pilot's Home" and somebody asks me why the TPU is called that, I'll know, because... we ALL were a part of CAP history and tradition in the making.

Eclipse

Quote from: Strick on December 23, 2009, 07:54:47 PM
What does CSU stand for again! ???

Well played.

Corporate Service Uniform

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on December 23, 2009, 08:20:10 PM
Sad to see how most members were proven wrong as to the CSU lasting effect, especially on the future historical potential of this uniform:

That's a reference to the derogatory term "TPU" not the uniform itself.

For the most part "TPU" had faded from general use, until recently.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2009, 08:26:55 PM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on December 23, 2009, 08:20:10 PM

That's a reference to the derogatory term "TPU" not the uniform itself.

For the most part "TPU" had faded from general use, until recently.

Most comments also came down with things like:

"I spent 500 bucks on this, I hope it doesn't go away anytime soon"
"I don't think this would go away before 5 years are over (2012 from then)"
"In 20 years this thing will still be around, and we may or may not be calling it the TPU"

Smithsonia

Has anyone asked the following questions:
Q1 - If you don't want CAP personnel confused with real Air Force Officers, then why let CAP members wear the Air Force Uniform?

Q2 -Doesn't it occur more often that a CAP member is accidentally identified as a AF Officer while in AF Service Dress?

Q3 - From a distance of 15 feet, isn't it easier to determine a CAP CSU wearer from and CAP Air force Service Dress wearer from an actual AF Officer? The silver braids are certainly a tip-off.

Putting every CAP senior member in CSUs would be better, given this consideration, not worse. In this I am not asking for answers
from our members. I am asking for a logical answer from CAP/USAF or perhaps 2nd Air Force.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

FW

Awwl shucks, the world is going to end in 2012 anyway.  Maybe we should just kick back and go flying  ;D   (in proper CAP uniform of course) >:D

Strick

If the CSU is phased out...........Can I wear it as a civilian attire?
[darn]atio memoriae

Eclipse

Quote from: Smithsonia on December 23, 2009, 08:36:46 PM
Q3 - From a distance of 15 feet, isn't it easier to determine a CAP CSU wearer from and CAP Air force Service Dress wearer from an actual AF Officer? The silver braids are certainly a tip-off.

The silver braid is an issue because for many services that would denote a General Officer or equivalent, but the double-breasted jacket says "Navy" more than USAF.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Strick on December 23, 2009, 08:49:57 PM

Change the buttons and lose the epaulets and its just a less-than-stylish blazer.

"That Others May Zoom"

Strick

I can see it now, white scarf, pipe and yacht visor.
[darn]atio memoriae

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on December 23, 2009, 08:53:32 PM
Quote from: Strick on December 23, 2009, 08:49:57 PM

Change the buttons and lose the epaulets and its just a less-than-stylish blazer.

Add a large blue fedora wide brimmed hat, a black shirt and a silk tie and you could come out on the new Nickelodeon show "The Godfather: The Animated Series."

Don't look now...MIKE is meandering in the FORUM.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Майор Хаткевич

You can also try to sell your Service Coat to the US Ranger Corps.

vento

Interesting read during the last 2 to 3 hours or so... now to set the record straight: CAWG ROCKS!  :o

Did the post make it before Mike noticed what we are doing? 3 more for 900!

MIKE

Mike Johnston