The Hock Shop Quality of Merchandise

Started by oak2007, August 05, 2009, 07:01:55 PM

oak2007

I have noticed a decrease in the quality of merchandise  purchased from the Hock Shop. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Strick

I noticed that the MO wings I purchased from the Hawk looked scratched up.  The wings I bought from Vanguard werea better quality.  I dont care for the Hocks BDU Badges and grade.  They appear to be purple.  I purchased a name plate for a cadet and the backing came a part.  Now I will say that Tom has better customer service than Vanguard. 
[darn]atio memoriae

Airrace

I perfer the Hock Shop. Tom does a great job with getting the item shipped out and if there is a problem he will refund your money or take care of the problem ASAP.

The only thing that I dont care for is his BDU cloth Civil Air Patrol name tape badges. The lettering seems a little off and this is just a minor complaint compared to all the other items he sells.  :clap:

Strick

There is good and bad in every retail operation.   I just wonder if any person has complained to the Hock about the blue cloth.
[darn]atio memoriae

notaNCO forever

I like most the items he sells except for the BDU's ; which are pretty cheap quality.

Gunner C

I use the Hock whenever I can.  Tom's great - when I ask a question, I don't hear crickets in the background.  ;D

CAPSGT

Quote from: Strick on August 05, 2009, 07:25:44 PM
There is good and bad in every retail operation.   I just wonder if any person has complained to the Hock about the blue cloth.

I have a feeling that they got the message.  They have revamped their cloth insignia and it is MUCH better now.  That used to be the only thing I would not buy from them if at all possible, now they've got my business for that as well.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

PWK-GT

Does 'much better' = CORRECT shade now? Or just closer.....but still off?
"Is it Friday yet"

Pylon

Quote from: PWK-GT on August 06, 2009, 05:04:26 PM

Well since Civil Air Patrol, unlike the military, does not actually publish technical specifications for our insignia, there is no "correct" or "incorrect" shade.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Strick

Quote from: Pylon on August 06, 2009, 06:04:59 PM

Well since Civil Air Patrol, unlike the military, does not actually publish technical specifications for our insignia, there is no "correct" or "incorrect" shade.

That a good point.  Thanks for the info on the blue cloth, I will give em a chance again.  I do likle the fact that he has package deals.
[darn]atio memoriae

MIKE

...Because Vanguard as the official source of CAP insignia produces the de-facto standard for each item.  Plus publishing a standard makes it that much easier for Vanguard to get "ripped off" by the competition.
Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

I don't even think we have them, never mind publishing them.  It's probably the reason it took so long for Vanguard to "come up to speed" with the ribbons and mini-medals, etc.  When you are told "we want you to make this" without a real spec, you get something that is "close enough."

I've never had anything miscolored from The Hock, in fact, they match perfectly with the rest of my insignia and fabric nametapes...  ;)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 06, 2009, 06:40:45 PM

I don't even think we have them, never mind publishing them.  It's probably the reason it took so long for Vanguard to "come up to speed" with the ribbons and mini-medals, etc.  When you are told "we want you to make this" without a real spec, you get something that is "close enough."

I've never had anything miscolored from The Hock, in fact, they match perfectly with the rest of my insignia and fabric nametapes...  ;)

It's also the reason why we have two different versions of the Hap Arnold achievement ribbon, and violently different shades of the CAP Unit Citation ranging from bright minty green to deep, dark moss.   But we probably don't need standards or specifications....
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP