Your Shipment of Vanguard Fail has been delayed...

Started by Pylon, November 12, 2010, 08:33:22 PM

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 04, 2010, 06:13:03 PM
...if we have no CHOICE...

I think it is important to understand that the reason we have no choice is due to a conscious and legally-binding decision by our leadership.

To say that Vanguard owes us service superior to that of its other customers due to what is effectively our decision is somewhat skewed in my opinion. If we wanted some sort of super service in exchange for exclusivity then the time to negotiate that would have been before the agreement was finalized.

Now, I will agree wholeheartedly that any company owes its customers honest, efficient and effective transactions.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on December 04, 2010, 06:40:09 PM

I think it is important to understand that the reason we have no choice is due to a conscious and legally-binding decision by our leadership.

To say that Vanguard owes us service superior to that of its other customers due to what is effectively our decision is somewhat skewed in my opinion. If we wanted some sort of super service in exchange for exclusivity then the time to negotiate that would have been before the agreement was finalized.

Now, I will agree wholeheartedly that any company owes its customers honest, efficient and effective transactions.

Good, then we agree...
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 04, 2010, 06:54:47 PM

Good, then we agree...

Only if one of us seriously misread the other's post.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on December 04, 2010, 07:08:52 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 04, 2010, 06:54:47 PM

Good, then we agree...

Only if one of us seriously misread the other's post.

My postings en re Vanguard are about more than our relationship with them, but with the idea of outstanding customer service which we as a society and populace have lost hold of.  As a society and populace we have to demand good service and treatment.

The fact that we are beheld to Vanguard simply means we must be more aware and press forward.  This occasion I am sure the "feedback" here, though seemingly negative, is actually part of the process that holds companies to good customer service.  We are called upon do that...as consumers.  I reject the idea that we have to simply "tolerate" the stupidities of some customer service representatives. 

In that your last statement...

QuoteNow, I will agree wholeheartedly that any company owes its customers honest, efficient and effective transactions.

Thus, we agree.

Unless you simply want to argue...at which point, I don't think I want to play.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RADIOMAN015

Take weeks to get a "stock" order and close to a month just to get a personalized name tag & some name tapes, is NOT what the average mail order consumer experiences from other vendors.  Stock orders out the door in 2 business days or less, special orders out the door in 7 business days or less.  How's that for a "consumer" contract ???
RM   

Rotorhead

My last VG order, which was for "stock" items, was delivered four days after I placed it.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Major Carrales

I just sent an order.  I am expecting to place a positive message up there within the next few weeks. 

Commander
SWR-TX-454

PHall

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 05, 2010, 11:50:59 PM
I just sent an order.  I am expecting to place a positive message up there within the next few weeks.

Weeks? Why should it take weeks? Even AAFES ships "in stock" items within 48 hours and "personalized" items within 5 business days.

RiverAux

Quote from: PHall on December 06, 2010, 02:59:04 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on December 05, 2010, 11:50:59 PM

Weeks? Why should it take weeks? Even AAFES ships "in stock" items within 48 hours and "personalized" items within 5 business days.
Why should it?  Of course it shouldn't, but there are examples of service taking weeks given earlier in the thread.  Also examples of quick service. 

Major Carrales

Weeks because it is coming priority mail, there are some nameplates to make and and it is the holiday season.  In anycase, I am used to waiting as many as two weeks for anything I order...it's called sail mail for a reason.

I continue to hope that it will arrive correctly and in reasonable time...if not, there will he heck to pay.

River, thanks for trying to clarify things however, the bias in this thread can be cut with a knife (or axe).  I will report its progress objectively.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

davidsinn

Quote from: davidsinn on December 04, 2010, 03:19:21 PM
My wife made an order on the 28th of Nov. Badges and ribbons, all stock items. We used paypal as the funding source and it charged us on the 29th. Vanguard says the order is processing. We'll see when it actually gets here.

Just got the tracking number an hour ago in her email. It's so fresh USPS doesn't have it in their system yet. Eight days is pretty bad but I will give them that it's the holidays so maybe it's just a fluke. Vanguard's site says order is complete but we'll see later this week when it arrives.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Chief2009

Figured I'd tack my rant on.

11/10/10 - placed order consisting of ribbons, ribbon holders, ribbon attachments, IL Wing patches, and a nameplate. Pretty standard stuff, all shown as in stock.

11/12 - order shipped, but wing patches were backordered. No big deal, they were replacements for my personal stash (you know, a random cadet only needs a wing patch, doesn't want to place an order just for it) Got everything else, including the nameplate.

12/9 - made another order, saw patches were still on backorder, called VG. Got a real nice lady who tells me "ILWG is getting a new Wing patch, our vendors have the design, should have it in a week." Told CSR that I wanted to design shipped, as it was just the right number to replace my wing patches on my active uniforms.

12/15 -  called VG again. Got a guy who said that they were waiting on the new design, and that I wouldn't get the patches until after the holidays anyways because their vendors were closed from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

12/15 - emailed Susie Parker, shes says "The new patch has been approved and is in production."

12/28 - called VG yet again,  got another nice lady who said we should be getting them shortly. I asked if they would be sending the the new or the old patch, because I had already told them I wanted the new design. She checked with a supervisor, and she came back and said yes, it will be the new patch.

12/30 - CSR talked to on the 28th emails me to say that my patches are have shipped, nice touch. Shipped by First Class, not my first choice, but ok.

1/7 - finally get the patches! One problem, THEY ARE THE OLD DESIGN! I have not contacted VG, because I got home after 5 eastern on a Friday, so i will not be able to get a hold of anyone until Monday! I am not happy about this.

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Chief2009 on January 08, 2011, 12:26:29 AM
Figured I'd tack my rant on.

11/10/10 - placed order consisting of ribbons, ribbon holders, ribbon attachments, IL Wing patches, and a nameplate. Pretty standard stuff, all shown as in stock.

11/12 - order shipped, but wing patches were backordered. No big deal, they were replacements for my personal stash (you know, a random cadet only needs a wing patch, doesn't want to place an order just for it) Got everything else, including the nameplate.

12/9 - made another order, saw patches were still on backorder, called VG. Got a real nice lady who tells me "ILWG is getting a new Wing patch, our vendors have the design, should have it in a week." Told CSR that I wanted to design shipped, as it was just the right number to replace my wing patches on my active uniforms.

12/15 -  called VG again. Got a guy who said that they were waiting on the new design, and that I wouldn't get the patches until after the holidays anyways because their vendors were closed from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

12/15 - emailed Susie Parker, shes says "The new patch has been approved and is in production."

12/28 - called VG yet again,  got another nice lady who said we should be getting them shortly. I asked if they would be sending the the new or the old patch, because I had already told them I wanted the new design. She checked with a supervisor, and she came back and said yes, it will be the new patch.

12/30 - CSR talked to on the 28th emails me to say that my patches are have shipped, nice touch. Shipped by First Class, not my first choice, but ok.

1/7 - finally get the patches! One problem, THEY ARE THE OLD DESIGN! I have not contacted VG, because I got home after 5 eastern on a Friday, so i will not be able to get a hold of anyone until Monday! I am not happy about this.

DN

Illinois is getting a new wing patch?

Chief2009

Check out the Illinois Wing page, been on there for a while.

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

Eclipse

There are only two patches for Illinois wing - the wing patch which has not changed since the 40 or 50's,

and the IL-001 insignia which is approved for wear only by wing staff as their unit patch.

(left)

Dan, you are only authorized to wear the top one.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

I had two orders place at and around the holidays...partially as a test.  I was very pleased with the results and will claim they have good service until they mess up.  Consumer's prerogative.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

addo1

Well, I placed two orders two weeks before Christmas... A Hock Shop order for their final goodbye and a Vanguard order with medium shipping on both. Hock Shop - package at door next morning... Vanguard - arrived two days before Christmas with time for my 6 hour hand-sewing job since my tailor was closed. The items from Vanguard were all quality this time though!
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

jimmydeanno

Quote from: addo1 on January 09, 2011, 05:21:58 AM
Well, I placed two orders two weeks before Christmas... A Hock Shop order for their final goodbye and a Vanguard order with medium shipping on both. Hock Shop - package at door next morning... Vanguard - arrived two days before Christmas with time for my 6 hour hand-sewing job since my tailor was closed. The items from Vanguard were all quality this time though!

You should really learn how to use a sewing machine.  I can do my entire set of BDUs (Grade Insignia on Shirt & Hat, COS Patch, Squadron Patch, American Flag, Wing Patch, Nametape, CAP Tape, GTL Badge and Observer wings) in under 25 minutes...just sayin'.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

^^^|

+1

Using a sewing machine is not just a girl thing. Guys have been using them in military parachute shops for years. I learned at 15, when my mom got tired of doing all my CAP sewing, and I've done most all of my own sewing since.

If you don't have a machine, they can be gotten used for less than $100.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Handsewing? jeebers.

I had to go to DC for AUSA in October, and we had 2 cadets who did not have SSIs on their Class A jackets.  I happened to have a couple SSIs and threw my portable sewing machine in the trunk of my car.  We got to where we were billeted and the cadets said "Oh, geez, sir, this is going to take all night.."  20 minutes later I had two Class A jackets and an ASU jacket all ready for the next day.

Pffft.  Learning to use a sewing machine is pretty simple, and its a skill that will pay you back quickly.

I need to learn how to hem trousers, thats my next accomplishment.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.