Your Shipment of Vanguard Fail has been delayed...

Started by Pylon, November 12, 2010, 08:33:22 PM

a2capt

Ooooouch. The only thing that happens when some of these patches are sewn by hand is pain. Even if you have to use the machine manually by turning the wheel with a thick needle.

But at least you're happy with what Vanguard sent.

Slim

Quote from: NIN on January 10, 2011, 02:49:44 AM
Pffft.  Learning to use a sewing machine is pretty simple, and its a skill that will pay you back quickly.

^This

I've made quite the reputation for myself as the encampment tailor (patches only, I can't hem trousers either), reasonable rates if you aren't in a pinch money-wise.  Service while you wait, depending on my workload at the time.

Slim

gordo07

So I ordered some soon to be current name tags for my flight suit as well as tapes for BDUs and rank for said BDUs on Sunday. I opted for the regular USPS shipping since it was the cheapest and I am in no hurry to get any of the stuff (obviously since I'm ordering from VG), and just got an email today saying that my complete order has shipped via UPS 2 day air.  I'm wondering if its gonna be messed up.

indygreg

My last 2 orders were shipped UPS 2nd Day Air also, but I was only charged USPS Priority rates.

gordo07

maybe they're trying to better their reputation with CAP?

arajca

I placed and order on 1/14. I got a shipped notification today. The notification said USPS, which I had specified, but the tracking number is a UPS number. Since I don't have home mail delivery, I have a PO Box, so that's the address I specified. If Vanguard did send it UPS, I'll never see it since UPS does not deliver to PO boxes.

addo1

Haha guys, I am quite familiar with the sewing machine. It just so happens, that my machine was missing a part, and well, the place with the part was also closed. = fail
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010