NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Thank you Lt Col Rowen!

Unless I missed it, there were no submission instructions on either the website or the forms.

FastAttack

I was checking on that also.. no where does it say were to submit it.

Larry Mangum

The forms can be faxed to 334-460-8842 or scanned and emailed to NESA-ADMIN@cap.gov per John D.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

FastAttack

Quote from: Who_knows? on April 05, 2010, 10:43:39 PM
The forms can be faxed to 334-460-8842 or scanned and emailed to NESA-ADMIN@cap.gov per John D.

just tried the email one and its being rejected:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

NESA-ADMIN@cap.gov
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<NESA-ADMIN@cap.gov>:
    host ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM [209.85.223.58]: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
    550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
    550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
    550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 32si17296767iwn.85

ßτε

See if NESA-ADMIN@capnhq.gov works.
A couple of years back cap.gov email addresses were changed to capnhq.gov addresses.

Correct address given below.

sarflyer

Sorry about the misinformation folks.

The correct email is NESA-ADMIN@nesa.cap.gov

Please use that one and I'll update the site in a couple of minutes.

Paul R.
NESA Webguy
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

FastAttack

thank you ,

quick question though, on the "Application Status Screen"
it shows
Received Promotional Order

what does that exactly mean?

sarflyer

Good morning Fastattack,

The status screen shows the forms that have been received by admin at NESA.  Each form is listed with a box below it that will show an "x" or check mark showing they received your form.  That particular form is not required but the others are.

Paul R.
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

FastAttack

Quote from: sarflyer on April 07, 2010, 12:14:35 PM
Good morning Fastattack,

The status screen shows the forms that have been received by admin at NESA.  Each form is listed with a box below it that will show an "x" or check mark showing they received your form.  That particular form is not required but the others are.

Paul R.

I guess this part takes a while.. even after the forms are sent.

So once the release gets posted and medical.

then it goes into the approval box?

husker

The acceptance process works like this:

1)  Once a student applies online, the unit, group (if applicable) and Wing commanders get an automated approval email from the NTC system.  Each echelon either approves or disapproves the individual.  (Only 1-2% of folks are actually disapproved by their commanders).

2)  The Ops folks at NHQ take each student that was approved and assign them to schools based on the student's primary or alternate preference.  Once this is done, the link will show "Accepted" and the student will be mailed an acceptance packet. 

Ops will actually start #2 in the next few days. 

Michael Long, LTC, CAP
Commandant GSAR/NESA
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

maverik

^^ Now does your payment have to be in in order for you to be accepted?  Or is it hey you're accepted now get you r payment in kinda thing?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

sarflyer

I believe it has nothing to do with the acceptance process.  You can pay for your classes upon registration.  You can also go back into the registration link after the fact and pay for your classes.  My advice is pay NOW!!!  That way HQ knows your committed.

Paul Rowen, Lt Col, CAP
NESA Webmaster
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

FastAttack

I been accepted.

Curious though that my Medical and Release hasn't shown up on the check app status screen.

The student packets are via snail mail or via email?

And when do we know what school we been slotted  in ( in our welcome packet? )

In my case I chose MP school :)

Thanks

maverik

The school packet shows up via snail mail (or it did in 2008) and to see the school you've been slotted in it's on the application status screen.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

FastAttack

Quote from: maverik on April 17, 2010, 11:28:44 PM
The school packet shows up via snail mail (or it did in 2008) and to see the school you've been slotted in it's on the application status screen.

prob you can't distinguish between an MP & MO.

maverik

I'm not familiar with MAS l but I would think it would be like GSAR even though it shows up as GSAR that's just the main course, you've really been slotted for the specialty you selected. But maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you out.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

FastAttack

Quote from: maverik on April 18, 2010, 03:02:07 PM
I'm not familiar with MAS l but I would think it would be like GSAR even though it shows up as GSAR that's just the main course, you've really been slotted for the specialty you selected. But maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you out.

See the issue you can't choose between an MP/MO during registration..

I guess NHQ checks to see if you have the pre-reqs and sees if you have a F5 and the required hours I guess...

maverik

Ahh ok well best of luck to you.  Either course is fantastic training.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Lt Buzzbear

Hello all,
I was just perusing the NESA photos from last year and I was wondering if anyone could explain the stuffed spider that pops up in a few if the photos?
It seemed a strange thing to have at emergency services training, but then again, hey this is CAP....after the job is done it is all about fun I guess.

Spaceman3750

So what school is everyone attending? I've been accepted to GTL Session 2.

I want to know who to watch for and meet in-person :).