NESA Registration Opened

Started by Angus, December 28, 2009, 09:32:52 PM

SJFedor

Quote from: FastAttack on May 20, 2010, 03:11:05 AM
MAS , going in as a Mission Pilot..

Great, you'll love it. Bringing an extra headset if you have the means is always great, as sometimes your MO doesn't come as prepared.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Lt Buzzbear

Hello all,
I am attending the scanner training (session 1) and observer training (session 2) & i am curious, will be also become qualified on flight line marshalling and airborne photography during this training?

thanks,
and cheers

mynetdude

Quote from: Lt Buzzbear on May 21, 2010, 09:56:02 AM
Hello all,
I am attending the scanner training (session 1) and observer training (session 2) & i am curious, will be also become qualified on flight line marshalling and airborne photography during this training?

thanks,
and cheers

I think I read somewhere that NESA doesn't offer FLM training, NBB does I think

husker

The 2010 Policies and Procedures manual has been uploaded to the NESA site (under the Participant Information link).  It includes important information (travel, policies, packing lists, etc.) for all schools under NESA.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

maverik

So I didn't find this on the site but what exactly is staff more specifically Comm Staff suppose to bring?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Lt Buzzbear

In regards to NESA 2010, Are we waiting on a package in the USPS mail for items, or do we get all of our information off the website, and materials when we get there?

husker

What information/materials are you referring to?
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

FastAttack

Quote from: husker on May 24, 2010, 11:46:28 PM
What information/materials are you referring to?

I guess he means the welcome packet.

SJFedor

Quote from: Lt Buzzbear on May 21, 2010, 09:56:02 AM
Hello all,

thanks,
and cheers

No and yes.

You'll qualify on MS, AP, (maybe) ADIS, and MO. You'll be too busy flying and in the classroom to be on the flight line.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

FastAttack

Seems I am fixated on the welcome packet,

but shouldn't it have arrived by now?

Also is it that important to have?

husker

If you don't have it by now, you probably won't get one.    You can just download the forms and Policies and Procedures Guide from the website under the Participant Information link.   Just email or fax the forms in (address on the site).
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

FastAttack

Quote from: husker on May 29, 2010, 02:23:15 PM
If you don't have it by now, you probably won't get one.    You can just download the forms and Policies and Procedures Guide from the website under the Participant Information link.   Just email or fax the forms in (address on the site).

i sent those in already. I am complete other than trying to find out if they slot me as a pilot or an Observer ( which I am already qual'd for)

as a side note I registered the day that registration opened..

husker

You can check your application and acceptance status on the Applicant Status link on the NESA site.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

FastAttack

Quote from: husker on May 29, 2010, 05:30:11 PM
You can check your application and acceptance status on the Applicant Status link on the NESA site.
I've already been accepted the problem is the system doesn't tell you if for MP/Mo as it lists it as the same program.

SJFedor

Quote from: FastAttack on May 29, 2010, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: husker on May 29, 2010, 02:23:15 PM

i sent those in already. I am complete other than trying to find out if they slot me as a pilot or an Observer ( which I am already qual'd for)

as a side note I registered the day that registration opened..

If you applied for MP, you should have gotten MP. Granted we typically have more MP's than MO's, but if you requested MP track, and were accepted, you should have an MP slot.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

maverik

So is there any kind of packing list for Staff?
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

Larry Mangum

Quote from: maverik on June 01, 2010, 12:37:34 AM
So is there any kind of packing list for Staff?

Read the policies and procedures for 2010 and you will find a reference to what to bring.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Does anyone have any more information on the MAS Advanced course.  I see that there is a course schedule but it's a 10,000 foot view of the course, and I'm looking for some Nap of the Earth info ;)

Does it involve the G-1000, do we need a Form 5 in the G-1000, etc.

Thanks all!

FastAttack

Quote from: Mission Pilot on June 01, 2010, 03:40:14 PM
Does anyone have any more information on the MAS Advanced course.  I see that there is a course schedule but it's a 10,000 foot view of the course, and I'm looking for some Nap of the Earth info ;)

Does it involve the G-1000, do we need a Form 5 in the G-1000, etc.

Thanks all!
From what I read, yes it will have the g1000 as a platform, if you are acting as pic you need to be fits and form 5'd
Not sure if they will provide the basic ground school and fits scenario flights there, and a form 5.

I am going in as intermed mp ... and even though I am g1000 quald I highly doubt I will be flying a g1000 aircraft at nesa.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Thanks FA..

Anyone on staff have any information on the Advanced Course?