Main Menu

PJOC

Started by TEAM SURGE, January 31, 2009, 05:27:26 AM

Flying Pig

I went on a bad traffic accident once, then right after, I went on another "routine call" that was right around the corner.  I tracked blood onto this ladies carpet.   Thankfully, her husband was a retired firefighter so she was actually very understanding.  The city promptly sent out a cleaning crew.    Those are days you just shake your head, because nobody will ever understand.

JayT

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 19, 2009, 08:06:02 PM
I went on a bad traffic accident once, then right after, I went on another "routine call" that was right around the corner.  I tracked blood onto this ladies carpet.   Thankfully, her husband was a retired firefighter so she was actually very understanding.  The city promptly sent out a cleaning crew.    Those are days you just shake your head, because nobody will ever understand.

Ah, well, that's the price for having the best job in the world.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 19, 2009, 05:21:24 PM
TEAM SURGE

You seem like a motivated guy.  What do you plan on doing?  Live the dream, be a Deputy! ;D

I plan on joining the Air Force, and I am not sure  what I want to di in the Air Force.

EMS is very important to me. Being qualified, for ground team has been my goal in CAP since I was a basic. Our squadron NEVER goes on missions. >:( I am still determined though. The day I get to wear the EMS, and the ground team patch I will be satisfied.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

C/Ortins

Has anyone recieved any notification regarding if they have been selected or not?

I'm waiting to find out if I got selected for PJOC this summer.
Thanks
C/Captain Ortins
Cadet Commander
Beverly Composite Squardon NER-MA-019

PJOC 2009, APJOC 2010

DC

NCSA slotting results should be announced in the next few weeks, it shouldn't be too long.

maverik

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on February 20, 2009, 07:38:49 AM
TEAM SURGE

You seem like a motivated guy.  What do you plan on doing?  Live the dream, be a Deputy! ;D

I plan on joining the Air Force, and I am not sure  what I want to di in the Air Force.

EMS is very important to me. Being qualified, for ground team has been my goal in CAP since I was a basic. Our squadron NEVER goes on missions. >:( I am still determined though. The day I get to wear the EMS, and the ground team patch I will be satisfied.

go security forces  ;D you can do frie arms instructor, be a guard on a plane, or be a regular guard plus you get to work the 12 hour shifts for three days but then you're off for 3.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: SARADDICT on March 08, 2009, 05:00:14 PM
TEAM SURGE

go security forces  ;D you can do frie arms instructor, be a guard on a plane, or be a regular guard plus you get to work the 12 hour shifts for three days but then you're off for 3.

It is funny you say that. I just got back from BME today, and one of the coaches there told me that if you are in  securyity everybody on bass hates you haha....
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

C/Ortins

Quote from: DC on March 08, 2009, 12:05:34 AM
NCSA slotting results should be announced in the next few weeks, it shouldn't be too long.

Thank You, I found out today I was selected.
C/Captain Ortins
Cadet Commander
Beverly Composite Squardon NER-MA-019

PJOC 2009, APJOC 2010

swamprat86

Congrats!  :clap:
PJOC '86
Washington National Forest

maverik

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on March 09, 2009, 02:13:27 AM
TEAM SURGE

It is funny you say that. I just got back from BME today, and one of the coaches there told me that if you are in  securyity everybody on bass hates you haha....
they just hate you because they awesome your job is to be a fill in blank but really it's crazy the hours they put in.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

JayT

Quote from: SARADDICT on March 10, 2009, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on March 09, 2009, 02:13:27 AM
TEAM SURGE

they just hate you because they awesome your job is to be a fill in blank but really it's crazy the hours they put in.

Buddy, everyones adult job is like that.

I run EMS for a private company, and until recently my schedule was like this.

Class at university monday through friday.

Academy Lecture or Lab Monday and Thursday nights to 10:30 PM.

Work friday night with an Advance Life Support Crew, from 7 PM to 7 AM.

Two hours of sleep, then onto my second job as an electrcian, or a hospital rotation during the day, then an ambulance training rotation during the day.

Studying saturday night, or an overtime shift.

Work sunday, from 8 to 8, most of the time ending up home at midnight or one because Grandma decided to stop breathing at 7:59 and 'Heck, we're already out here might as well pick up a few more jobs and overtime."

During the summer, I put in an average of eighty hours a week between my regular tours and over time tours.

SarDragon

Quote from: SARADDICT on March 10, 2009, 08:35:46 PMthey just hate you because they awesome your job is to be a fill in blank but really it's crazy the hours they put in.

Huh? Spelling? Punctuation?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DBlair

I was curious if senior members are allowed to attend PJOC, or is it restricted to cadets?

I know some activities allow senior participation, but I wasn't sure about this one.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

PHall

Quote from: DBlair on March 17, 2009, 06:08:45 PM
I was curious if senior members are allowed to attend PJOC, or is it restricted to cadets?

I know some activities allow senior participation, but I wasn't sure about this one.

It's a cadet activity. There are some senior members there providing support and supervision, but they don't get to play.

hatentx

oh really haha screw that I was already looking forward to it after my next trip to durka-durka-stan

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: hatentx on March 19, 2009, 06:24:38 AM
oh really haha screw that I was already looking forward to it after my next trip to durka-durka-stan

LMAO! :clap:
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"