Main Menu

PJOC

Started by TEAM SURGE, January 31, 2009, 05:27:26 AM

TEAM SURGE

I have been looking for the physical fitness requirements for the PJOC. I have found a lot of links for it, but every time I click on them they go to a Kentucky State University website. If you can get to it please send it to me.

http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5617 The Website With Link.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

Senior

They have changed a lot of things since I attended PJOC '90, APJOC,'91.
One thing to remember about PJOC you will be working in the mountains
at a higher elevation.  Unless you live in a mountainous state, if you don't
know, then you don't,  you need to really be able to run long distances at a
fast pace.  Build up your aerobic endurance by running, aerobics.   If you think your in shape get in better shape.  Work hard and try to be the best.

I know that PJOC and APJOC is THE best special activity in CAP everything
else should be an encampment credit.  You get to work with and be taught by real AF Special Operations personnel.  Real professionals.  YOU don't
get that at PA Rangers(Yes, I know that is blasphemy) or Blue Beret (What's with the Eight Ball???)  ???

hatentx

What exactly is it that you learn while you are there?  I am sure it isnt the full course but how much of it is short of the Full PJ course?

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: Senior on February 04, 2009, 06:07:36 PM
They have changed a lot of things since I attended PJOC '90, APJOC,'91.
One thing to remember about PJOC you will be working in the mountains
at a higher elevation.  Unless you live in a mountainous state, if you don't
know, then you don't,  you need to really be able to run long distances at a
fast pace.  Build up your aerobic endurance by running, aerobics.   If you think your in shape get in better shape.  Work hard and try to be the best.

I know that PJOC and APJOC is THE best special activity in CAP everything
else should be an encampment credit.  You get to work with and be taught by real AF Special Operations personnel.  Real professionals.  YOU don't
get that at PA Rangers(Yes, I know that is blasphemy) or Blue Beret (What's with the Eight Ball???)  ???

My problem is that I have a hard time with pull ups. I can bet I am in better shape then a lot of people that will be there. Wrestling kicks your butt!

I can do everything else. I figured they would be a bit cool with a cadet not being able to do one thing. I guess not. It is one thing I would really like to go to but if I can't, life goes on.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

PHall

Quote from: hatentx on February 05, 2009, 03:27:49 AM
What exactly is it that you learn while you are there?  I am sure it isnt the full course but how much of it is short of the Full PJ course?

The full PJ course is 18 months long. Which is why they call it a "Orientation Course".

Senior

hatentx :  When I went they taught you land nav, building shelter, team building, rock climbing, rappelling.  I think it was a week long then.
The just really high speed, cool stuff is that you got to be around real PJ's.
They didn't treat us like kids or punks.  They treated us like a student and
taught us lots of little tricks in the woods.  We practiced rock climbing on the
same wall that the PJ students climbed on.  In the PJ school house at Kirkland AFB the hallway walls were covered with plaques thanking the PJ's for this or that training.  The plaques were from Army SF, Navy SEAL Teams.
The experience was plain freaking awesome.  Reading on the internet and from  the PJOC website they have made a lot of changes.  We never went
to Davis Monthan AFB for APJOC.  I want to try to apply as a staff member
in the future to go back and have more fun.
The instructors tried to explain to us their mission and life in the Air Force.
They went the extra mile to make it a good experience.  :clap: :o

winterg

Quote from: Senior on February 04, 2009, 06:07:36 PM
YOU don't get that at PA Rangers(Yes, I know that is blasphemy) or Blue Beret (What's with the Eight Ball???)  ???

What years did you attend Beret?  It sounds like you are speaking from experience. 

Beret is the only NCSA that is an actual AF assigned mission.  And ALL NCSA's have great opportunities to offer.  We all have our favorites, but please don't trash others just because you have a preference.

As for the "8 Ball", well, you asked.....

At present, the "8 ball" patch is used to denoted participation in the Blue Beret Activity. This was not always the case. The 8-ball was originally the Blue Beret mascot.

It was designed when the program was the Iowa Wing Special Service Corps. Chaplain Aydt presented it at the 1969 Blue Beret Reunion, after a patch design was requested. The 8-ball with the beret was created to represent the 7 wings in the North Central Region and Region HQ, Also that the Blue Berets were always "behind the 8-ball" at search & rescue missions.

The 8-ball mascot was used for several years and then fell into hiatus. In 1987, Capt. Ken Gleich (MO. Wing) resurrected the 8-ball as the Blue Beret emblem.
  from www.blueberet.org

sarmed1

QuoteReal professionals.  YOU don't get that at PA Rangers.

That's because it isnt an AF special operations course, but be carefull with throwing around the "proffesionals" world as many of the HMRS instructors are proffesional's in their non CAP jobs, many of which carry over to what they are teaching at HMRS; including a number of current and retired AF & Army Special Operations personnel, as well as a number of FEMA, PEMA, state & local  law enforcement,  EMS and Fire Service instructors.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Flying Pig

http://www.apjoc.org/past.html

Wow...now this is cool.  At APJOC you have to pass the PJ physical fitness test to graduate.  When you do, you get a letter from the Lead Instructor allowing you to enlist into Para Rescue pipeline if you join the Air Force.  Maybe you can do that anyway but its still neat to have tough standards.  You dont pass, you go home.  I dont care how much mommy and daddy paid for your plane ticket.

maverik

pretty sweet CAP definately needs more programs like that (like security forces, and intelligence haha  ;D)
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

TEAM SURGE

I believe the standard should be high but, not official military..
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

maverik

I was more talking about the letter saying you did this this and now you may go through the pipeline.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: SARADDICT on February 19, 2009, 02:53:07 AM
I was more talking about the letter saying you did this this and now you may go through the pipeline.

Pipeline?
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

JayT

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on February 19, 2009, 03:02:40 AM

Pipeline?

Pre training for training to be a United States Air Force Pararescue Jumper.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: JThemann on February 19, 2009, 03:27:05 AM
Quote from: TEAM SURGE on February 19, 2009, 03:02:40 AM

Pipeline?

Pre training for training to be a United States Air Force Pararescue Jumper.

No I am not planning on being in the real PJ haha...
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

JayT

As oppose to all of the fake PJ's out there? ;-)

Don't seel yourself short.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Flying Pig

TEAM SURGE

You seem like a motivated guy.  What do you plan on doing?  Live the dream, be a Deputy! ;D

JayT

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 19, 2009, 05:21:24 PM
TEAM SURGE

You seem like a motivated guy.  What do you plan on doing?  Live the dream, be a Deputy! ;D

EMS, first due on scene ;-)

Flying Pig

Thats why I got my EMT cert.   I kept beating the ambulance to all the traffic accidents.  I felt like an idiot standing around adjusting the volume on my radio trying to look like I knew what I was doing and telling everyone "Just dont move, the ambulance is on the way." :o

JayT

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 19, 2009, 07:45:42 PM
Thats why I got my EMT cert.   I kept beating the ambulance to all the traffic accidents.  I felt like an idiot standing around adjusting the volume on my radio trying to look like I knew what I was doing and telling everyone "Just dont move, the ambulance is on the way." :o

"Back in the old days, it wasn't a good call unless it ended with you drinking coffee while covered in someone else's blood."
-My Intructor Paramedic.