Main Menu

National Blue Beret

Started by Schmidty06, February 15, 2005, 05:26:58 AM

flying Raptor

Does anyone know where to get a packing list for NBB?
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
A clean (and dry) set of BDU's is a magnet for mud and rain.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. -Murphy's laws

CAPSGT

the page is slightly out of date, but the packing list really doesn't change much, if at all, from year to year.

http://www.ncr.cap.gov/blue_beret/index.html
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Schmidty06

If nothing else, bring a camera with lots of film. 

Pace

Schmidty, are you applying for a staff position this year?

As for what to bring, also consider the following:
Febreeze
Mole Skin
a real poncho (DON'T bring an emergency poncho!!!)
Extra squadron coins/patches (for trading)

What not to bring:
Goldbond (NO, NO, NO!!!)
Lt Col, CAP

Mac

Hopefully I will be able to bring more GT coins this year, I even have a design for an NBB coin, but I need to pass that past Col Glasgow before I get those made $$$$
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Pace

Quote from: Nukem on March 31, 2005, 08:19:09 PM
Hopefully I will be able to bring more GT coins this year, I even have a design for an NBB coin, but I need to pass that past Col Glascow before I get those made $$$$

Oh very cool.  I don't remember the GT coins last year.  I would have tried to buy one (if not multiple coins if the quantity was available).  I'll make sure to bring some of my squadron's challenge coin to trade for other cool stuff.

As for the NBB challenge coin, I think that would be really nice to have.  Personally, I think all NCSAs should have a challenge coin.  Is there any way you could e-mail a pic of what you have in mind?  If so, my e-mail is DCPacemaker@aol.com  I don't plan on giving my spin on the coin design since you have an idea of what you want.  I'm just curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks.
Lt Col, CAP

ranger1716

how much spending money do you all reccomend bringing for the little extras I assume I'll find there.

Mac

I think last year i spent about $100 on little goodies here and there, but us seniors on the ES team used to go out most nights for food and such.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Schmidty06

Quote from: dcpacemaker on March 31, 2005, 05:53:27 AM
Schmidty, are you applying for a staff position this year?

As for what to bring, also consider the following:
Febreeze
Mole Skin
a real poncho (DON'T bring an emergency poncho!!!)
Extra squadron coins/patches (for trading)

What not to bring:
Goldbond (NO, NO, NO!!!)

Ok, definately get a REAL poncho, Pace here looked absolutely REDICULOUS ( :P Pace, you know I'm kidding :D) and don't listen to him when it comes to Goldbond.  Goldbond is a wonderful item, Goldbond is your friend.  Just take into account that once you leave NBB that "male bonding" will have an ENTIRELY different meaning to you.  :D

flying Raptor

Quote from: CAPSGT on March 19, 2005, 03:49:21 AM
the page is slightly out of date, but the packing list really doesn't change much, if at all, from year to year.

http://www.ncr.cap.gov/blue_beret/index.html

Thanks I alreday printed that one, I need one for 2005 though. I also need a shedule and any forms that need to be filled out(I:E shirt size and hat size forms). I would get the ones from the site but I don't know if they are going to change this year.
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Mac

Here is a copy of a post from Cadetstuff.org concerning NBB this year

Quote from: C/Lt Col Montgomery, DerekOkay guys here is the scoop. I saw some posts about wanting to know who the staff this year at NBB is and when information will be coming out. As most of you know the slotting has been completed and cancellations have already started coming in. I am the NBB C/CC for 2005. C/Maj Aaron Church is the C/DCC and C/Lt Col Magda Kozak is the C/XO. Col Glasgow has been hard at work with some cadet programs stuff at national and you have to remember that he also has a region to run. However the cadet handbook was finished yesterday and the packets should be finished sometime within the week. I would start expecting your packets within the next two weeks. Don't quote me but that is my best guess. As far as buying tickets for planes or busses, I would wait until after your packets get to you. The handbook will be your responsibility to print and bring with you. It will be accessible on the NBB website within the the next two weeks or so. If you have any questions about Beret this year feel free to ask me. Send me a private message and I will get back to you in a timely manner. Hope to see all of you there!!!

So the website should be updated in about a week or two and the packets should be out about the same time. Hope this helps.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

flying Raptor

c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Mac

No problem, and be sure to say hi when you get to Oshkosh this year, I'll be the ES guy with the Burgundy Expedition parked in front of the ES shack..    :D  And just remember the ES team is not grouchy, we're just tired!!!!
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Schmidty06

Wait, the burgandy is in the expidition?  ;D

CAPSGT

Quote from: Nukem on April 06, 2005, 08:08:28 PM
And just remember the ES team is not grouchy, we're just tired!!!!

You weren't around in the days of the king of ES shack grumpiness.  Cadets and seniors alike would get screamed at for simply walking in the door.  Even the commander got yelled at for it.  That guy wasn't invited back. 

The ES crowd nowadays is tame, regardless of what they want us to think. ;)
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Mac

Quote from: CAPSGT on April 08, 2005, 02:18:54 PM
You weren't around in the days of the king of ES shack grumpiness.  Cadets and seniors alike would get screamed at for simply walking in the door.  Even the commander got yelled at for it.  That guy wasn't invited back. 

The ES crowd nowadays is tame, regardless of what they want us to think. ;)

I am familiar with who you are talking about, thats all the ES staff talked about last year, was the guy from the year before. He was working with WI wing last year during NBB, and stopped by a few times to get paperwork and such.

That was the joke last year, towards the end, people would walk in and the ES staff would start yelling "What do you want? Where is your paperwork? Get out!" then everyone would start laughing.

Oh what fun.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

flying Raptor

Whats the ES team do? What will we(the regular guys) do? And where can I find out all this information about the NBB?
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Mac

The ES team is comprised 8-10 senior members who run the ES portion of NBB. When a flight is on ES duty they are responsible for locating all the ELT's and overdue aircraft on the airfield during EAA Airventure. We due this by operating 2 golf carts and 2 towers. The carts are used for searching the entire field for ELT's and locating the overdue aircraft. The towers are used to record the tail numbers of al aircraft landing at Whitman field during the airshow and also to help triangulate DF signals for the carts.

All Cadets will rotate between Flightline, Warbirds, ES, and last year Ultra lights, if I remember correctly. And at least one evening you get to leave the airfield with your TACO for a night on the town. You also get free time during the day to enjoy the airshow. Hope this helps.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

flying Raptor

Yep, thanks. What are warbirds,ED,Ultra Lights and a TACO?
c/CMSgt. Daniel Rufener
NER-PA-310
Honor Guard Commander
Raven Honor Guard

Mac

Quote from: flying Raptor on April 10, 2005, 01:32:31 PM
Yep, thanks. What are warbirds,ED,Ultra Lights and a TACO?

Ok here we go; Warbirds is when cadets work crowd control in the Warbird (WWII aircraft) parking area. Ultra Lights; is like working Flightline, but only with the ultra lights. and a TACO, is the senior member assigned to each flight know as the Tac Officer or TACO for short.

I had a little typo ED should have been ES
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001