Georgia encampment 2010

Started by me-262favof planes, May 06, 2010, 02:02:47 AM

me-262favof planes

hey there all cap members!! i wanted to know who was goin to Georgia encampment this year and is it good or bad? food quality? thought i might make some friends that are goin there to help me along since im a newbie!! ;D

C/CMSgt

I'm not in Georgia Wing, so obviously no. :P

But good luck at the encampment! Keep your head high and ALWAYS WORK WITH YOUR TEAM! ;)

me-262favof planes

i'm not in the georgia wing either im in FL but my squadron is goin to the georgia wing encampment so we can have our c103 ride to DC.. Its gonna be fun!! 22 cadets, 1 van, 10 hour trip to augusta!! lol ill take video maybe! ;D

mynetdude

Quote from: me-262favof planes on May 07, 2010, 01:36:08 PM
i'm not in the georgia wing either im in FL but my squadron is goin to the georgia wing encampment so we can have our c103 ride to DC.. Its gonna be fun!! 22 cadets, 1 van, 10 hour trip to augusta!! lol ill take video maybe! ;D

You can fit that many people in 1 van? Those vans can only fit 12-15 pax I think you are mistaken.

SarDragon

AND, since the back seats have all been removed, they hold even less. There's at least one wing that limits occupancy to nine (ten?) people because of vehicle definitions - more than nine (ten?) makes it a bus, requiring a higher level license.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mynetdude

Quote from: SarDragon on May 08, 2010, 04:56:04 AM
AND, since the back seats have all been removed, they hold even less. There's at least one wing that limits occupancy to nine (ten?) people because of vehicle definitions - more than nine (ten?) makes it a bus, requiring a higher level license.

AFAIK the vans in ORWG and WAWG both have back seats in the larger vans. I could be wrong about the WAWG vans though.

SarDragon

Back seat, as in the rearmost. Poor choice of words.

See here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

me-262favof planes

we went from talking about georgia encampent to the capacity of vans? ??? I was mistaken it's 15 cadets my bust!!

a2capt

^^ You started it by implying you were going to do something .. possibly to the extreme, because when you said "video".. most people don't video what they do daily thats in the norm. ;-)

You said 22, one van.. "this will be fun".

C/CMSgt

AFAIK the vans in ORWG and WAWG both have back seats in the larger vans. I could be wrong about the WAWG vans though.

Select vans in WAWG have bigger backseats.

Out of curiosity, which squadron are you from?

me-262favof planes

Quote from: a2capt on May 08, 2010, 03:23:46 PM
^^ You started it by implying you were going to do something .. possibly to the extreme, because when you said "video".. most people don't video what they do daily thats in the norm. ;-)

You said 22, one van.. "this will be fun".

WOW :clap: you depicted that well! i was gonna video it cause its my first encampment,and you know with a bunch of kids,long trip plus cramped space only god knows what will happen!! video journal kind of thing to keep 4 memories

me-262favof planes

I cant wait!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D thinking about it::) ::) ::)

exFlight Officer

Quote from: me-262favof planes on May 06, 2010, 02:02:47 AM
hey there all cap members!! i wanted to know who was goin to Georgia encampment this year and is it good or bad? food quality? thought i might make some friends that are goin there to help me along since im a newbie!! ;D

Hello. I am attending the 2010 GAWG Encampment! I am on staff and just got back from RST today. Im sure you will have fun and learn many things !!  Any of your cadets on staff ? 

me-262favof planes

i belive my chief master Sargent Dooley and a few others will...

tebert

My son is going to the encampment.  This will be his first and he is pretty excited.  He is a C/Amn in the Griffin Composite Squadron.

vorter

Yeah im going too.
I'll be C/A1C or C/SrA Hyeung from the Peachtree City- Falcon Field Squadron ( The best squadron in GAWG)
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

vorter

Hey who knows if we get to shoot M16A4's this year?
And what do you mean by the c103 (C130?) trip to DC?
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

a2capt

If thats a typofested C-130, then it sounds like a bit more than your standard O-Flight. Good for them. :)

me-262favof planes

well its been a while since i posted here and only 7 cadets r going now :-\  my squadron is FL152..and we are now starting to train for encampment.. wow this is SOO fun!

me-262favof planes

Quote from: vorter on June 01, 2010, 04:38:40 AM
Hey who knows if we get to shoot M16A4's this year?
And what do you mean by the c103 (C130?) trip to DC?

yes thanks 4 correcting me! we are going to take a flight to DC a while after encampment..