Orientation Flights

Started by Pylon, February 08, 2005, 08:12:12 AM

footballrun21

Quote from: footballrun21 on September 14, 2005, 07:01:30 PM
Its been over a year since my squadron as had O-flights.  My old CC moved up to wing and s crrently in europe for his job and now we have a commander who is only 22 years old (maby 23).  She went through it as a cadet, but she doesnt have tme to do mch due to college.  the rest of the senior members are Flight Officers and are also in college with one in ROTC.  We as cadets have tried to give activities,but the senior members and cadets always have conflicting schedules.  Plus it doesnt seem like we will have them anytime soon, especially with the comming of winter.

Anyone have any advice/tips?
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

ladyreferee

We had the same lag time on O flights when our squadron basically fell apart and no one was doing anything at all.  Then a few of us stepped into the room and got it going again.  Looking in the old o flight book had a few records of cadets who tool o flights a while ago, with the signature of the pilot who took them up.  Just by calling him, we were able to have o flights again!  ALso, going to your wing, you should have a field representative or at least mission support staff.  After asking your commander for permission, drop wing a note about wanting o flights!  I bet they'll try to find a pilot for you!  Good luck.
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

lreichardt

Quote from: arajca on September 07, 2005, 12:36:46 AM
Quote from: abysmal on September 06, 2005, 08:57:46 PM
I certainly know first hand as a DCC what a HUGE help it would be if I had just ONE single hard core dedicated cadet that was willing to put in the same number of hours per week that I do to give me a hand....

I agree with the sentiment, but how many cadets are willing to take on an almost full time job - without pay?

Me.

C/2d Lt Reichardt, CAP