Main Menu

National Conference

Started by lordmonar, August 12, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

Angus

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 14, 2014, 12:34:28 AM
So, will this be the national conference where they decide to give us ABUs?

It's not happening.  We withdrew the request for ABU's. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

PHall

Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2014, 01:06:37 PM

Guess you missed the sarcasm tags...

Angus

Quote from: PHall on August 15, 2014, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2014, 01:06:37 PM

Guess you missed the sarcasm tags...

Well with no emoticons or italics hard to tell.  There are still so many people who think and hope that we will be getting the ABU.
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

TheTravelingAirman

Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2014, 03:30:12 PM
Well with no emoticons or italics hard to tell.  There are still so many people who think and hope that we will be getting the ABU.

Please, no. Never. Ever. It's ugly, it's a massive step down from the BDU (which I don't want to make again) and it's staring being phased out right in the face. Just go for the MultiCam/Scorpion if a change must happen. I'd rather we go to ODs, but if we 'must' (by desire, not need) change, the OCPs are great.

Eclipse

Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2014, 03:30:12 PMThere are still so many people who think and hope that we will be getting the ABU.

Wait, what?  We're not getting ABUs?

In all seriousness, how much fun would it be to walk around Trop this week in ABUs configured to
look like the last public proposal? 

Make it a non-member and put something else on the nametape instead of "Civil Air Patrol" that looks
close in "low light".

Heh.

"That Others May Zoom"

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on August 15, 2014, 03:38:39 PM
Quote from: Angus on August 15, 2014, 03:30:12 PMThere are still so many people who think and hope that we will be getting the ABU.

Wait, what?  We're not getting ABUs?

In all seriousness, how much fun would it be to walk around Trop this week in ABUs configured to
look like the last public proposal? 

Make it a non-member and put something else on the nametape instead of "Civil Air Patrol" that looks
close in "low light".

Heh.

"C1WIL A!P BATPOL"

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Angus

Or anagrams such as "Cilia Valor Trip"
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Garibaldi

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on August 15, 2014, 12:22:10 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 14, 2014, 03:58:17 AM
So....back to the National Board.

Met some CAP talkers.   

Had the second session of Air Crew Survival.

Mary Feik is here now.  Met Chief Todd.  There seems to be 5 of us CAP NCOs here now.

Opening reception is tomorrow.   

I'm working the front desk coordinating the cadets working the conference.   Drop buy and say hi!

Shout outs to Tim Medeiros, Prodigal Jim, a2Capt!

And don't forget AlphaSigOU! :)

Congrats on the Nat ComCom!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AirAux

Remember the old days when we used to live stream the Conference?  This must be the new transparency in CAP??

capmaj

So any news on the actual conference?

FW

We used to stream National Board meetings. No more National Board. Now there is a Command Council meeting. Why stream reports and direction to field commanders? Why bother when it all comes thru the website. Policy is made by the BoG. Regs are made by staff and approved by the CEO.

Times have changed.

lordmonar

Lots of good stuff going on.  Great brief from the NUC about the last 39-1 and the changes coming.  Nothing earth shaking just good staff work.  CAPTALK was mentioned both positively and negatively.
The BOG met but I have not heard any report of what went on
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: AirAux on August 16, 2014, 12:58:25 AM
Remember the old days when we used to live stream the Conference?  This must be the new transparency in CAP??
you free to sit in on most of the sessions.  I was on and out of them all week. 

capmaj

Any awards done yet? Or is that all tomorrow?

NC Hokie

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 01:45:08 AM
Great brief from the NUC about the last 39-1 and the changes coming.

Okay, I'll bite.  What coming changes did the NUC brief on?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

lordmonar

Quote from: capmaj on August 16, 2014, 02:16:32 AM
Any awards done yet? Or is that all tomorrow?
yes they did a whole slew of them today.  Today was the change of command so all old staffers got awards.  There may be more tomorrow.

Tim Medeiros

The IT committee meeting was productive, did an in depth review of the site survey from Feb, looked at CAPP 227 to see if there were any glaring revisions that should be made and reviewed some issues that have come up with the various eServices applications.  A few ideas for improvements were tossed around, some minor and some that would take a while to execute.

The learning lab on eServices 2.0 was standing room only, tons of ideas generated from those in attendance (during the Q&A portion) and some misconceptions were cleared up as well (at least I hope).

The learning lab on Commanders Corner had some good info, it was also mentioned that there are currently 8 people on IT staff, including (presently) 4 developers (they recently lost one).  The Help Desk is the best way to contact the devs, with either issues or ideas.

There are a few things currently being tested, to include two items that will be shown to audiences in two other learning labs tomorrow (online CAPF 120 in the awards/promos lab and WMIRS 2.0 in the WMIRS 2.0 lab).
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

lordmonar

Quote from: NC Hokie on August 16, 2014, 02:59:35 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 01:45:08 AM
Great brief from the NUC about the last 39-1 and the changes coming.

Okay, I'll bite.  What coming changes did the NUC brief on?
fixes identified by the field. Fixes to tables pictures etc. 

On the horizon staffing a possible casual/PT uniform. Hard rank on BDUs for cadet officers.  Stuff like that.  All the briefing slides from all the learning labs are going to posted on line after the conference.

My take home was the NUC worked hard to get us where we are today and are still working to make it better.   

The NUC chair said that he wants us to go VFR direct to him and suzie Parker with any grammar /typos and any gross discrepancies we find. 

He also stated that any knowledge base response is coming from the uniform OPR and as per regs counts as gospel. 

There is more but I can't think of any of them right now.  Like I said the slides should be posted online in the next few weeks.

JackFrost3k

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on August 16, 2014, 04:16:44 AM
The IT committee meeting was productive, did an in depth review of the site survey from Feb, looked at CAPP 227 to see if there were any glaring revisions that should be made and reviewed some issues that have come up with the various eServices applications.  A few ideas for improvements were tossed around, some minor and some that would take a while to execute.

The learning lab on eServices 2.0 was standing room only, tons of ideas generated from those in attendance (during the Q&A portion) and some misconceptions were cleared up as well (at least I hope).

The learning lab on Commanders Corner had some good info, it was also mentioned that there are currently 8 people on IT staff, including (presently) 4 developers (they recently lost one).  The Help Desk is the best way to contact the devs, with either issues or ideas.

There are a few things currently being tested, to include two items that will be shown to audiences in two other learning labs tomorrow (online CAPF 120 in the awards/promos lab and WMIRS 2.0 in the WMIRS 2.0 lab).

Sounds pretty good.