ES Training, What now?

Started by abysmal, March 26, 2005, 06:51:46 PM

abysmal

I took the following tests online just after I joined back in November.

Level 1   11/30/04
CAP Test 116 GES Questionnaire   12/01/04   
CAP Test 116 ICS 100   12/01/04
GES - General Emergency Services   12/02/04
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 1   12/08/04
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 2   12/08/04
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 3   12/08/04

Went to my first SAREX last weekend here in Havasu and want to get going once again on the Search and Rescue side of things. That was the reason I joined CAP to begin with back in 79 after all.

My last certifications were.
Radio Operators Permit, 1981
Standard Ground Team Member, 1985
EMT, 1990

I have a current pilots license and a CAP driver's License.

What should I be working on now to get re-certified?

Word has it that in all of Arizona Wing there are ONLY 4 active ground teams.
And not a one of them is closer than 200 miles from here.
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Horn229

If you want to do Ground Team, then you'll need to get an SQTR filled out for Ground Team Member Level 3. The SQTR can be found in the back of the Ground And Urdan Direction Finding Team task book, which you can buy from capmart (or go to NESA and they'll give you one :) ). The stuff is pretty basic that you would have done back in the 80's, use an L-Per, land nav, line searches, and stretcher carry (with a few other tasks tossed in). So it should be pretty easy, then when you move up to the other levels you'll get to play with the maps again. Have fun,
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

abysmal

Quote from: Horn229 on March 26, 2005, 10:05:15 PM
If you want to do Ground Team, then you'll need to get an SQTR filled out for Ground Team Member Level 3. The SQTR can be found in the back of the Ground And Urdan Direction Finding Team task book, which you can buy from capmart (or go to NESA and they'll give you one :) ). The stuff is pretty basic that you would have done back in the 80's, use an L-Per, land nav, line searches, and stretcher carry (with a few other tasks tossed in). So it should be pretty easy, then when you move up to the other levels you'll get to play with the maps again. Have fun,

Bought the little book a couple months ago, and printed out the SQTR from the online system just now.
So everything else is just Hands On Re-Training from here out?
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Horn229

Basically, yes. A good piece of that stuff is practical demonstration, the rest you can test orally with an instructor (instructor must hold at least the same qualification and have SET with Wing approval).
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP