Main Menu

CAP Signature Pictures

Started by Stonewall, December 14, 2008, 07:45:39 PM

Stonewall

You can go to www.militarysignatures.com and create cool sig blocks like these....

And of course the one you see at the bottom of this post.

So, who is going to make a high speed CAP one for me?  Eclipse, I know you've got skills...
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Looks like the one you've got is pretty cool already...

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 08:04:31 PM

Yeah, but it's military.  I want one just like it but CAP.  You could make some money.  For CAP Talk/CadetStuff, I'd rather use a CAP one.   Just sayin'....Christmas is right around the corner...
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Nevermind.  I saw something new that I thought was neat and someone made it clear (offline) that it's ghey.  I guess I'll just keep using it over on the AF forums where it's appreciated... :(

Here it is, incase you wanted to see mine...

Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on December 14, 2008, 09:34:04 PM
Nevermind.  I saw something new that I thought was neat and someone made it clear (offline) that it's ghey.  I guess I'll just keep using it over on the AF forums where it's appreciated... :(

Heh, there has been somewhat of a avatar creep here lately...

"That Others May Zoom"

PaulR

Quote from: Stonewall on December 14, 2008, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2008, 08:04:31 PM

Yeah, but it's military.  I want one just like it but CAP.  You could make some money.  For CAP Talk/CadetStuff, I'd rather use a CAP one.   Just sayin'....Christmas is right around the corner...

I have been in contact with the owner of the site(www.militarysignatures.com ) for a while.  He is a disabled combat veteran who is making a living by developing the site.  He does plan on making a CAP section... just be patient!  I will keep everyone updated!  He is one heck of a nice guy and puts out a quality product. 

PaulR

Well, anyone that would take the time to write a negative message pertaining to any signature line for former service members has some real issues, IMHO.  Keep it up! I do appreciate your service and you have every right to be proud of it!  Anyone who does not like my sig can eat a two week old plate of poop as far as I am concerned.  Mine is staying!   ;D

Gunner C

I saw Killian's and just had to get one.  Early Christmas.

Gunner

PaulR

I just sent the site owner another email.  Jay replied stating that he could have something CAP specific within a short amount of time.  I just sent him reference material on CAP rankings, ribbons, badges, and etc so that he could have some reference items to look at. 

Again, he is one heck of a nice guy and deserving of any business.   

MIKE

Quote from: PaulR on December 14, 2008, 10:55:01 PM
Well, anyone that would take the time to write a negative message pertaining to any signature line for former service members has some real issues, IMHO.  Keep it up! I do appreciate your service and you have every right to be proud of it!  Anyone who does not like my sig can eat a two week old plate of poop as far as I am concerned.  Mine is staying!   ;D

It's not all about the content, but less is more to a lot of folks.   The biggest issue is actually the size of the total sig element to include any additional text.

Of the lot of 'em Citizen Soldiers is probably the most reasonable size wise.  If you're gonna do it... keep it small, keep it fast and lite, and drop the additional text.  As an example, yours could be much smaller without losing anything important.
Mike Johnston

Stonewall

Quote from: MIKE on December 14, 2008, 11:30:16 PM
Of the lot of 'em Citizen Soldiers is probably the most reasonable size wise.  

That's because he got the free one.  I dropped $8.95 on mine so the ribbons weren't all spread along the bottom and I could add a few extra things.  You can make them smaller, it's an option on the site, but then you lose a lot of the detail which leaves the viewer questioning the content.

I'm going to play with Paint and see what I can come up with for a CAP one.

FLWG has a great resource for CAP images.  I found (again) after Eclipes hooked me up with most of the images I was looking for.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Someone's got skillz...

Quote from: major pain on December 14, 2008, 03:04:22 AM
Major Rp Kraatz, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer
North Central Region HQ (NCR-01)

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Here's my prototype CAP Sig Design...

Needs work...but hey, I ain't got skillz...
Serving since 1987.

PaulR

major pain

Quote from: Stonewall on December 15, 2008, 02:20:36 AM
Someone's got skillz...

Quote from: major pain on December 14, 2008, 03:04:22 AM
Major Rp Kraatz, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer
North Central Region HQ (NCR-01)

thanks stonwall its a hobby.... you should see my power points!
Lt Col Rp Kraatz, CAP
Inspector General
Kansas Wing (KSWG-01)

jb512

I think I'll sign up after I get my wings.  I'd feel a little goofy with an AF sig with my two stripes and three ribbons...

N Harmon

I whipped this up. It's not reflective of my quals, but I used the images I had available.

I do think these need to be a bit wider and much thinner.

NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

JAFO78

I like mine. Squadron patch, plain, simple, and compact. Not LARGE and FLASHY like some folks. >:D
JAFO

wingnut55

you guys planning on putting those on your Roy Rogers PJs

Stonewall

Someone's jealous...  And no, I'm not putting it on my PJs.  I'm getting it as a tattoo.
Serving since 1987.