Main Menu

Different Titles

Started by vorter, July 25, 2010, 02:37:58 AM

vorter

What are the different titles? (newbie, salty and seasoned contributer) and what amount of posts do you need for each one. and do replies count?
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

DakRadz

Yes, replies count. However, remember ONE IMPORTANT THING!

Quality is respected over quantity.

I know a few members who I recognize because of what they say and how well they say it, yet they have <200 posts.

For the numbers (which don't matter a bit- see the link) read this thread. And read the parts about how it doesn't matter what your ranking is.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=373.msg3394#msg3394

P.S. If you begin posting just to increase your numbers, you're likely to be suspended, reprimanded, or generally harassed and ignored.

I know I keep repeating the same thing, but there is a [dern] good reason for it.

JC004

Quote from: DakRadz on July 25, 2010, 03:16:06 AM
P.S. If you begin posting just to increase your numbers, you're likely to be suspended, reprimanded, or generally harassed and ignored.

or the mods will simply reduce your post number manually.  This has happened for people who posted constantly just to get a new shiny title.

DakRadz

That's good input, sir- never thought about that, though I saw a few references to the mods changing post numbers.

Also, vorter- remember to use the search function. I typed in "newbie seasoned member" and got three results- two of them showed exactly what you are looking for in this thread. Another part of the "Quality v. Quantity" issue.