National Board Action Break-Downs (Since 2005)

Started by JC004, August 26, 2007, 03:50:32 AM

JC004

At our last CLC, I was asked by a student (a new 2d Lt) why the National Board focuses so much on uniforms and such.  I thought "yeah, they seem to be focused on uniforms, term extensions, awards, and the looks of our airplanes and vans..."  So I set out to make a breakdown for myself of the recent NB/NEC actions since Pineda accepted command (it is best to do it that way, since the CC sets the pace). 

I think it's important for us to pay attention to what our national leadership is doing.

I figured I'd share what I have so far...

August 2005 National Board

National Commander Election
National Vice Commander Election
Ratification of CAPR 70-1 CAP Acquisition Regulation and CAPR 173-2 Financial Procedures for CAP Regions and Wings - PASSED
Clarification of "Transfer of Property Responsibility Statement" (CAPR 67-1) - PASSED
National Level Cadet Programs Officer of the Year Award - PASSED
Recognizing FAA Designated Pilot Examiners (DPEs) as CAP Check Pilots - No action taken
Review of policies and procedures pertaining to access to and use of a collection of historical photographs - TABLED
Safety Policy - TABLED
Reducing Volunteer Workload - WITHDRAWN
Approve the e-mail transmission of the scanned, signed forms - PASSED
Photo Membership Cards - PASSED
Confirmation of CS, NLO, NFO, NC, and Chief of Chaplain Service
Change CAPR 5-4 to Track Supplements to Regulations at NHQ - PASSED

November 2005 NEC
Ratificiation of CAPR 67-1, Civil Air Patrol Property Regulation - PASSED
Review of policies and procedures pertaining to access to and use of a collection of historical photographs - PASSED
Indemnification - PASSED
Region/Wing Director of Finance (Disallowing family members of those commanders to serve as finance directors) - WITHDRAWN
Squadron Financial Accounting Policies - WITHDRAWN
National Level Cadet Programs Award - PASSED
Aircraft Markings (vote to delete a section of CAPR 66-1 which reads: "To promote camaraderie, region commanders may approve additional authorized CAP corporate aircraft markings and wing logo/tail flash.") - PASSED
RESOLUTION that the NEC endorses outsourcing CAPMart to Vanguard in a fiveyear contract with renewal options, with a target date of 1 January 2006 - PASSED

March 2006 National Board
Online Minutes and Agenda - WITHDRAWN
Ratification of CAPR 52-16 Cadet Program Management - WITHDRAWN
50 Year Members (recognize members with 50 years of non-continuous service with a 50-year plaque and certificate, but not award them the free membership) - PASSED
Corporate Officer Appointment Letters - WITHDRAWN
National Commander's Unit Citation Award - PASSED
CAP Grade for Retired Military Senior NCOs (approve allowing active or retired senior members from the US Armed Forces in the grades of E-7, E-8, or E-9 to be eligible for promotion to CAP grades, as follows: E-7 to 1st Lt, E-8 to Capt, and E-9 to Maj) - TABLED
Senior requirements for the recruiters ribbon be brought in line with the cadet requirement - FAILED
Unit Staffing - SENT TO COMMITTEE
Phase out of ultramarine flight suit - PASSED
Approve black leather jacket - PASSED
Revision of CAPF 60 - SENT TO COMMITTEE
Establishment of optional Past Commanders' Association at region or higher level - PASSED
Completion of NCC Manual by summer 2006 National Board meeting - PASSED
Revised CPPT Training Materials - SENT TO COMMITTEE
Creation of an IT Tutorial Pamphlet - SENT TO COMMITTEE
Cooperation of CAP-USAF in revising Statement of Work to change Air Force-Assigned Mission Status - PASSED
ARCHER Patch - PASSED
Gore-Tex tab - PASSED
Black shirt with BBDU - PASSED
CISM Patch - PASSED
Patches displaced by US Flag moved to left pocket - PASSED
Embroidered Grade Insignia on Flight Suits - PASSED
Approve the use of a 50-year Service Emblem on letterhead, business cards, and as a lapel pin - PASSED
Homeland security Ribbon - PASSED
New CAP Distinctive Uniform - PASSED
IT badge - PASSED
Renaming of the senior member's Certificate of Proficiency after General Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. - PASSED
Elimination of Wing/Region/National Patches from the Light Blue Shirt and AF Blue Outer Garments - PASSED

August 2006 National Board
National Vice Commander Election
Confirmation of CS, NLO, NFO, NC, IG, Chaplain
Ratification of CAPR 52-16 Cadet Program Management and CAPM 52-4 National Cadet Competition Manual - PASSED
Replace a CAP employee from a decision making position on the MARB with a CAP volunteer member - PASSED
National Commander Term Extensions - FAILED
Wing/Region Commander Term Extensions - FAILED
Develop a proposal to expedite the regulatory process and include in the November 2006 NEC agenda - PASSED
Require Aircrew Members to "assist in either the hangaring or tying down of the aircraft and remain there until the aircraft is safely inside the hangar or securely tied down" - FAILED
Change CAPR 77-1 to allow CAP vehicle operators age 18 to 20 to operate CAP vehicles with passengers if there is another CAP vehicle operator at least 21 years of age with a valid CAPF 75 in the vehicle - FAILED
Field Grade for CAP Wing Directors of Safety - FAILED
Approve a change to the wording of paragraph 9.a. of CAPR 123-3 to require CAP/EXI inform the appropriate region of: a. The date the response period begins for each wing; b. A copy of the Finding Log with the CAP and CAP-USAF/IGs' responses to the wing finding responses. - PASSED
Approve the rewording of CAPR 50-4, Test Administration and Security, Paragraph 2-2a to allow the unit commander to appoint both the TCO and the alternate TCO by letter or personnel authorization - PASSED
Standardized Corporate Vehicle Roof Markings - PASSED
Reduce Age Requirement for Aerospace Education Member - PASSED
Approve the establishment of a Health Services Specialty Track (HSST) with appropriate specialty badge insignia that would cover health care professionals who are not doctors and nurses - PASSED
Task the Operations Committee to research and develop a standard operating procedure (SOP) for aircraft ground handling procedures including aircraft movement, tie-down, and hangaring procedures - PASSED
Task the Operations Committee to develop language regarding the prohibition of giving primary instruction in Cessna 182s and bring that language back to the National Board at the next meeting - PASSED
All members that attend the Blue Beret and national Hawk Mountain training can wear any awarded items that go on the uniform or the head gear with their BDUs, blue or green. - PASSED

Nov 2006 NEC
Ratification of CAPR 60-5 Critical Incident Stress Management - PASSED
Ratification of CAPR 100-3 Radiotelephone Procedures - PASSED
Streamlining the CAP Regulation Update Process - PASSED
Application of the "Safety Privilege" to CAP Flight Operations - PASSED
Restrictions on Unqualified Check Pilots Flying CAP Aircraft - PASSED
High Performance and Complex Aircraft Pilot Qualification
Requirements - PASSED
Waiver Authority of Subordinate Unit Inspection (SUI) Program Requirements - FAILED
Frequency of Subordinate Unit Inspections - PASSED
National Conference on Aviation and Space Education - PASSED
CAP School Program - PASSED
Required Web Mission Information Reporting System (WMIRS) Usage - PASSED
Wing Director of Finance of the Year Award - PASSED
Revisions to CAPR 173-1 and 173-2 to Enable Wing Banker Solution - PASSED
Revise Property Accountability Standards for Computers, Cameras, and Communication Devices - PASSED
New Member Benefits - PASSED

March 2007 National Board
Provision for Mid-Term Election of National Vice CC - PASSED
CAP-USAF/CC Designated a "Non-Voting" Member - PASSED
Drug Demand Reduction (DDR) Program Specialty Track - PASSED
Air Force PME Testing Proctor Changes - FAILED
School Enrichment Program Strategic Plan - PASSED
Wing and Region Commander Terms - PASSED
Approve a requirement in CAPR-123-2 to entitle any member accused of a complaint, to receive a copy of that complaint - POSTPONED
Revocation of "CAP Vehicle Roof Marking Instructions" - PASSED
That the National Board votes to approve incorporation of standard mishap definitions into the impending rewrite of CAPR 62-2 - WITHDRAWN
Wear of Orange Baseball Caps with BDUs - POSTPONED INDEFINITELY
Rescind requirement for all ribbons, badges and devices to fall below top notch on the service coat or the bottom tip of collar on AF-style shirts and blouses - FAILED
Incident Commander Badge - PASSED
Authorize the wear of specialty insignia on the leather nametag - PASSED
Approve the continued wear of the CAC ribbonby cadets turning senior member and be allowed retroactively - PASSED
Approve creation of a Region PAO of the Year award - FAILED
Authorize "of-the-year" awards for all staff positions authorized in CAPR 20-1 - POSTPONED
Authorize the wear of grade insignia on both collars of the light blue AF-style shirt and lapels of service coat - PASSED
New Command Patch on on AF-style flight suit and flight jacket - PASSED
"U.S. Civil Air Patrol" tape - PASSED
Permenent Grade of Brig Gen for National Vice - PASSED
Life Membership Certificates to Coastal Patrol Base  Members Survivors (Sub-chasers) - PASSED

May 2007 NEC
Select an at-large member for the Civil Air Patrol Board of Governors - WHELESS WAS UNANIMOUSLY ELECTED AS AN "AT-LARGE" MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS, EFFECTIVE 24 AUGUST 2007
Region Chief of Staff Rank - WITHDRAWN
Approve the transfer of the funds in the Crossfield Teacher of the Year account to the National Aviation Hall of Fame - PASSED
Require a Report on Booster Clubs from NFO and GC - PASSED
Federal Legislative Agenda - PASSED
Require that CAP Legal Officers, while performing as such, shall report to a corporate officercommander (National, region or wing commander) directly or to or through legal officers who do - PASSED
CAP members have a duty to cooperate with CAP in litigation - PASSED
The Constitution and Bylaws Committee is directed to recommend alternatives for bylaw amendments to establish a procedure for the submission of new agenda items to CAP's governing boards - PASSED
Approve incorporation of a standard
mishap classification system into the impending rewrite of CAPR 62-2 - PASSED
Approve a change in the criteria for the overall grade of Compliance Inspections to a three-tier system; Highly Successful; Successful; Marginally Successful - CHANGED TO INFORMATION ITEM
Primary Flight Instruction for Senior Members - TABLED
GA8 and C182T NAV III Pilot Qualification Policies - PASSED
CAP Emergency Operations Plan - CHANGED TO INFORMATION ITEM
Standardized Aircraft Information File - PASSED
Fundraising Corporate Contact Policy - PASSED

mikeylikey

Thank you General!  Now go have a beer............

"Approve the e-mail transmission of the scanned, signed forms - PASSED"

--where the heck and why the heck are we not using E-Sig's now and completing all forms electronically.  Didn't the Federal Government go this route......doesn't CAP-USAF do that, why isn't CAPNHQ??
What's up monkeys?

floridacyclist

I think the only two forms that I still use snail-mail for are original CAPF53 signature cards and new Officer applications as the fingerprint card has to be mailed in.

Everything else, including cadet applications is either scanned and emailed or electronically-signed if this is allowed for that particular form.

Most of my more common form templates have my signature inserted in them graphically so that I don't have to print them in order to sign and scan them.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

badger bob

I understand tbe AF has not accepted CAP e-signatures for eqiopment, cetain mission forms and finances. Signatures and hard copies are required for supply forms, forms requesting payments and certain AF mission forms.

Perhaps if CAP had a system of digital signature certificates the AF would accept our e-signatures
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

Maj Ballard

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 26, 2007, 11:19:01 AM
Everything else, including cadet applications is either scanned and emailed or electronically-signed if this is allowed for that particular form.

I just looked at the Publications page at NHQ, and the cadet application isn't listed as one that can be electronically submitted. How is that done?
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

genejackson

Another form that absolutely cannot be done except by snail mail is the CAPF-83.   In fact, it has to be letter perfect, can only by done on the PC and printed or typed and must be printed as a single sheet of paper, signed on the back with original ink by all 3 required parties (individual,  Wing Counter Drug Officer -me in this case, and the Wing Commander).

NHQ and the DEA are very strict about this one so if any of you know of someone who is doing either an initial or 4 year renewal of their CD form, remind them of that requirement.   Also,  be sure to allow plenty of time to process the form so renew at least 6-8 months prior to your 4 year date.  The DEA has a backlog and is many months behind in processing CD paperwork.

Gene
VAWG/DOC in addition to my other duties.
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

JCJ

Excellent Summary.  I'd only add that while most of the items listed are NB or NEC action items (in other words, a "done deal" when passed by the NB or NEC) a few of the items passed then become recommendations to the BOG.  A good example is Constitution & Bylaws changes (i.e. NB member terms, etc.).  Changes to the Constitution & Bylaws may be made only by the BOG, although the BOG usually requests the recommendation of the NB before considering a change.  Also, some of the tabled or postponed items are becasue there is additional staff work in progress as well that needs to be taken into consideration before a NB or NEC vote.  Most NB and NEC meetings are webcast now, and I'd encourage everyone to "tune in".

Quote removed - MIKE

JC004

Quote from: JCJ on August 26, 2007, 03:06:59 PM
Excellent Summary.  I'd only add that while most of the items listed are NB or NEC action items (in other words, a "done deal" when passed by the NB or NEC) a few of the items passed then become recommendations to the BOG.  A good example is Constitution & Bylaws changes (i.e. NB member terms, etc.).  Changes to the Constitution & Bylaws may be made only by the BOG, although the BOG usually requests the recommendation of the NB before considering a change.  Also, some of the tabled or postponed items are becasue there is additional staff work in progress as well that needs to be taken into consideration before a NB or NEC vote.  Most NB and NEC meetings are webcast now, and I'd encourage everyone to "tune in".

Quote removed - MIKE

Good point - I was lookig at the BoG minutes, trying to follow the trail of some of the stuff that went up to them, but was a little confused by it.  This is by no means a list to see what's authorized now and what isn't, but I wanted to see what the subjects of discussion were and the general direction of things.  Some of these things are "resolutions" and instructing NHQ or a committee to report on certain things.