Need help on Senior member record keeping

Started by flyguy06, August 20, 2007, 06:07:12 PM

flyguy06

There's a Benjamin O. Davis Leadership award? How do you get that?

RogueLeader

For Level II, used to be the COP (Certificate Of Proficiency)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

It's the CAPF 24. Had to look it up again. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Camas

There's a lot to be said in keeping your CAPF45b up to date as well.  Your unit PDO should be on top of that.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 21, 2007, 04:25:49 AM
There's a Benjamin O. Davis Leadership award? How do you get that?

Sorry, this was supposed to be the new name for the Level II.  At least that is what I heard through the grapevine.  Maybe I need a new grapevine...

SJFedor

That's correct. And, the purple/white ribbon is now known as the Benjamin O. David Leadership ribbon.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

davedove

Quote from: sargrunt on August 21, 2007, 03:53:46 AM
The biggest issue I have noticed with the CAPF 24 is that when you apply for the level 3, you have to complete 2 wing/region/national conferences.  I've been to a couple of wing conferences and have never received a participation letter or anything else to show that i was there.  How do any of you deal with that issue?

What I did for our Wing conference was to write up a short memo stating that the following members attended the conference with the date, then just included the list of those who attended from the squadron.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Skyray

QuoteI've been to a couple of wing conferences and have never received a participation letter or anything else to show that i was there.  How do any of you deal with that issue?

I saw one reply were the squadron admin officer prepared a memo of his squadron members that attended the wing conference.  I used a wing conference from another wing for Level III, and even though my squadron CC was aware of it, I prepared a letter of attendance and asked the other wing CC to sign it.  That resulted in him inviting me to attend a breakfast with them at Cracker Barrel, my first introduction to this wonderful establishment.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

RogueLeader

Quote from: SJFedor on August 21, 2007, 06:35:35 AM
That's correct. And, the purple/white ribbon is now known as the Benjamin O. David Leadership ribbon.

You get the purple/white ribbon for tech rating.  Not sure what you get when Level II is done.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

Mike Johnston

afgeo4

Quote from: MIKE on August 21, 2007, 03:40:01 PM
A Certificate of Proficiency.

It's called the Benjamin O. Davis Leadership Award now.
GEORGE LURYE

flyerthom

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 21, 2007, 03:39:00 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on August 21, 2007, 06:35:35 AM

You get the purple/white ribbon for tech rating.  Not sure what you get when Level II is done.

Gill Robb Wilson (Lvl V)
Paul E. Garber (Lvl IV)
Grover Loening (Lvl III)
Leadership (Specialty Training)
Membership (Level I)

Pulled from a ribbon checker.   http://www.mer.cap.gov/ribbons/check_sr.html
TC

docspur

Quote from: davedove on August 21, 2007, 11:57:29 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on August 21, 2007, 03:53:46 AM
The biggest issue I have noticed with the CAPF 24 is that when you apply for the level 3, you have to complete 2 wing/region/national conferences.  I've been to a couple of wing conferences and have never received a participation letter or anything else to show that i was there.  How do any of you deal with that issue?

What I did for our Wing conference was to write up a short memo stating that the following members attended the conference with the date, then just included the list of those who attended from the squadron.

Is this documentation important?  I attended the Nat'l Conf when held here in St Louis, and also have last years Wing Conf under my belt...but never received any certificate/notification of my attendance to either one, even though I had to sign in for both.  When filling out the form for my Loening (Level III) I put the dates, but didn't have anything to attach for documentation.  Will this effect getting my Loening?  Do I have to write to HQ and to Wing to get a letter from them stating that they acknowledge my attendance?  ( I do have proof of the StL Conf...I won a drawing and had to go up on stage during the banquet to receive it from Him Who Must Not Be Named and many pics were taken...next day was in the hospital...maybe the pain I was in at the time was the reason I failed to salute Him before returning to my seat....hmmmmm).

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

jimmydeanno

You should be fine.  I think most people don't have documentation stating they went to a conference.  The dates should be fine - don't sweat it.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davedove

No documentation is really required.  The memo doesn't go anywhere and just serves to remind people of just what conferences they attended.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003