bragging rights!

Started by whatevah, February 23, 2005, 08:11:19 PM

jeders

Well I guess I'll throw my quals in the ring.

Qualified:
GES
SET
GTM3/2/1
GTL
MS
MO

Trainee:
GBD
FASC
IO
LO
MRO
MSA
MSO

As ground team, 4 actual search missions with 4 finds, including a sortie for Columbia where the "find" was actually some loose cotton left over on the field from harvest. Numerous DR missions and innumerable training missions. As aircrew, several SERE and firewatch missions and many training missions.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CadetProgramGuy

*FASC   
FLM
FLS 
*GBD   
GES 
GTL   
GTM1
GTM2
GTM3
*IO   
LO   
MO 
MRO
*MSO   
SET 
UDF

DeputyDog

Quote from: DeputyDog on May 22, 2007, 08:46:03 PM
My turn...

CUL
FASC
GBD
GES
GTL
GTM1
GTM2
GTM3
LO
MO
MRO
MS
MSA
SET
UDF

*IO
*LSC
*MSO
*PSC

My immediate goal is IC3.

As for missions: 9 actual (18 sorties all together), 6 practice. 1 Save and 5 non-distress ELTs.

I can now add:

PSC
OSC
*IC3
*AL3

One more IC3 sortie and I'm an IC.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: SJFedor on May 31, 2007, 01:49:11 AM

Yeah, I rule too.

You guys know what its like having Frosted Mini Wheats exit your nose looks like?

Lets not forget the other qualifications......

Left hand of Training...
Right hand of Disclipine
Right foot of Motivation
Verbal tongue Lashing 3, 2, 1
Convincing of spouse that THIS Sarex is really important.........

davedove

Quote from: SJFedor on May 31, 2007, 01:49:11 AM

You know, that Naptime Supervisor looks like too much responsibility.  Maybe I can just go for Naptime Member. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

DKruse

Qualified:
ARCH
CUL
GES
LSC
MO
MRO
MS
SET
UDF

Trainee:
FASC    
FLM    
GTM3    
IO    
LO    
MSA    
MSO    
Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

flynd94

hmmm...

Standard
MRO
UDF
GTM3
GTL
GBD
MS
MO
MP
AOBD
PSC
OSC
IC3

Mountain checkout

Trainee
IC2
AL3
FASC
GTM2 (who cares, be a GTL)
CUL
MSO

Lets see here 1 distress find, 41 non-distress finds and, 100+ missions participated (some even for actual missing ac)
Keith Stason, Maj, CAP
IC3, AOBD, GBD, PSC, OSC, MP, MO, MS, GTL, GTM3, UDF, MRO
Mission Check Pilot, Check Pilot

sarguy

Well, I only have:

GTM-1,2,3
GTL
AL
PSC
OSC
FSC
LSC
IC-3
IC-2
FLM
FLS
MRO
CUL
MS
MO
MP
that's about it.  I've been on about 300-400 mission in the last 4 or 5 years.  About 15 missing A/C missions, couple missing person searches....  But I know a guy (from California) that far trumps my meager experience....

sarguy

Oh yeah...

ARCHER & SDIS too..

SARPilotNY

I was in Southern California last year and had my CAP radio on.  I listened to a few mission that they were running, seems that they run over one a day from Los Angeles to San Diego.  There is a guy there that I heard runs or responds to over 100 missions a year and has a full time job too!  He is both an IC and GTL.  I was told he has over 100 distress finds, a dozen saves and undoubtedly a thousand non distress finds.  I would think he would have bragging rights but why have we not heard from or about him.  Seems like that would make for a good story in the CAP Volunteer!  Anyone heard of anyone like that in California?
CAP member 30 + years SAR Pilot, GTM, Base staff

SarDragon

Quote from: SARPilotNY on June 30, 2007, 09:11:57 PM
I was in Southern California last year and had my CAP radio on.  I listened to a few mission that they were running, seems that they run over one a day from Los Angeles to San Diego.  There is a guy there that I heard runs or responds to over 100 missions a year and has a full time job too!  He is both an IC and GTL.  I was told he has over 100 distress finds, a dozen saves and undoubtedly a thousand non distress finds.  I would think he would have bragging rights but why have we not heard from or about him.  Seems like that would make for a good story in the CAP Volunteer!  Anyone heard of anyone like that in California?

I know him personally. Good guy. Extremely knowledgeable.  I'm not sure your statistics are entirely correct. Sometimes doesn't play well with others. I'd guess he would have little good to say about most of the discussions that occur on here. I'll say no more.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SARPilotNY

Hey SARGUY...sounds impressive...Just where do you get all those missions.  Who is the guy from California, do you know him?  Is it true?  You must be from Florida or California to get all those missions.  How do you do that?

sarguy

SARPilotNY, Yeah, I know who he is..  I know the stats are accurate.  I know that he handles most of the missions in Southern California as the IC but also sometimes as the UDF person.  I would say that 1,000 Non-Distress finds is probably a conservative number.  When there are over 300+ missions per year (in CA and FL) and some have multiple signals attached, it's not hard to amass those numbers in the twenty-some years he's been in (maybe longer, I'm not sure how old he is).

I know that there are only 4-5 people in Southern CA that actually go out on missions any more, so some probably have a couple-hundred finds as well.  Big states=lots of ELT's=lots of finds...

Funny thing about this guy..  When I met him, it was at a formal banquet and he didn't have any ribbons, badges, anything...  Said he wasn't in it for the recognition, didn't care about the "FIND" ribbons, in fact thought we should get rid of the ribbon.  I think he's got 100+ airplane finds as well...

SARPilotNY

Quote from: sarguy on July 04, 2007, 04:23:17 PM
SARPilotNY, Yeah, I know who he is..  I know the stats are accurate.  I know that he handles most of the missions in Southern California as the IC but also sometimes as the UDF person.  I would say that 1,000 Non-Distress finds is probably a conservative number.  When there are over 300+ missions per year (in CA and FL) and some have multiple signals attached, it's not hard to amass those numbers in the twenty-some years he's been in (maybe longer, I'm not sure how old he is).

I know that there are only 4-5 people in Southern CA that actually go out on missions any more, so some probably have a couple-hundred finds as well.  Big states=lots of ELT's=lots of finds...

Funny thing about this guy..  When I met him, it was at a formal banquet and he didn't have any ribbons, badges, anything...  Said he wasn't in it for the recognition, didn't care about the "FIND" ribbons, in fact thought we should get rid of the ribbon.  I think he's got 100+ airplane finds as well...

OK...so who are these guys?  And why in a wing with as many members do 4 or 5 guys run and respond on 300 plus missions?  Is there a click going on?  A "glass" ceiling.  Seems something is wrong.  I wonder how many people run all those missions in Florida?  4 or 5 or 100 to 200?  Any answers from CA or FL?

Stonewall

Maybe because not everyone has a job that's flexible enough to let you respond whenever the balloon goes up? 

My boss would laugh in my face if I said "Hey, L. T., I've got another ELT going off, gotta run".  Okay, go ahead and take the night off from fighting crime.  In fact, my squadron commander is a cop too, not to mention a Colonel (group commander) in the AF RES.  Between his full-time job, deployments to the box and a family, I'd say most missions are pretty much left up to those few folks who are self employed, retired, in between semesters in college, or just happen to have one of those jobs where the boss is outright supportive of them playing Rambo at a moments notice.
Serving since 1987.

SARPilotNY

Quote from: Stonewall on July 05, 2007, 02:05:56 AM
Maybe because not everyone has a job that's flexible enough to let you respond whenever the balloon goes up? 

My boss would laugh in my face if I said "Hey, L. T., I've got another ELT going off, gotta run".  Okay, go ahead and take the night off from fighting crime.  In fact, my squadron commander is a cop too, not to mention a Colonel (group commander) in the AF RES.  Between his full-time job, deployments to the box and a family, I'd say most missions are pretty much left up to those few folks who are self employed, retired, in between semesters in college, or just happen to have one of those jobs where the boss is outright supportive of them playing Rambo at a moments notice.
True...but California must have several thousand members and only less than a dozen that respond?  I guess that shoots down National's video that we have 53,000 highly trained volunteers that will be on station within two hours of accepting a mission!  Even if were are self employed, we lose $$$.

shorning

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 05, 2007, 02:18:47 AM
True...but California must have several thousand members and only less than a dozen that respond?  I guess that shoots down National's video that we have 53,000 highly trained volunteers that will be on station within two hours of accepting a mission!  Even if were are self employed, we lose $$$.

So what's your solution for a fix?

SARPilotNY

Quote from: shorning on July 05, 2007, 02:30:05 AM

Can't throw money at it!  If we had a top quality program "you will build it, people will come"  would be the answer.  We need quality, not quanity.  We have some great people and we need to build from there with strong leadership from the top!  Dreaming???  Maybe...

SARPilotNY

Quote from: SARPilotNY on July 05, 2007, 02:34:36 AM
Quote from: shorning on July 05, 2007, 02:30:05 AM

Can't throw money at it!  If we had a top quality program "you will build it, people will come"  would be the answer.  We need quality, not quanity.  We have some great people and we need to build from there with strong leadership from the top!  Dreaming???  Maybe...
If you have guys with 100 + finds, they must be doing something right, maybe we can learn something from them.

RogueLeader

I think that this thread is off topic.  You might want to start a new one to continue.  The original intent, up until yesterday/today, has been talking about their 101 card achievements, not about lights and such.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340