official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

ladyreferee

Hi everyone,
   I've been posting for a few months now and just wanted to let everyone know that I am very thankful for having the chance to ask questions to such an awe inspiring group of CAP members! 
   And CAPtalk is the reason I've run into a problem now!  The reason my email name is lady referee is because I've been a USA Hockey ref for the last five years, filling my world all four seasons, and usually not noticing the weather since I'm on the ice, either playing hockey or as the zebra.  But now that the regular hockey season is coming up with many games to referee (and make $$), I don't know if I'll have time anymore - CAP has filled all my free time - I had taken the summer off from skating because of an errant puck to the hand.  So alot of the thanks goes to you guys and gals because without this forum, I'd probably have just coasted without getting too intererested in what my boys were doing.  But now I can just go on CAPtalk and read the boards to learn things I'd never had even known what to ask about. 
  First I took my Yeager, next I'll go for my ES card....
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Major_Chuck

Ewww.  I don't know which would be more dangerous.  The hockey pucks or the players.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Bugsmasher on September 14, 2005, 10:09:48 PM
Hey, y'all.  I recently found this site, and figured I should quit lurking and get active on it.  Hence, this introduction.

I've first joined CAP in 1966, when I was taking flying lessons at Dalton Airport in Flushing, Michigan.  When I moved to Florida in 1968, I let my membership lapse in order to concentrate on learning my new job as an Air Traffic Controller in Miami.

I rejoined CAP in 1979 when I was contacted by a Cadet Major who was looking for a flight instructor for his solo scholarship.  I have enjoyed continuous membership since then, even during a couple of times when I burnt out and went inactive.

I've had the opportunity to serve in a number of different positions, including commander of Cadet, Senior and Composite Squadrons.  I'm presently living in the mountains of northern Georgia, where I serve CAP as a Group Commander.

It's great to meet all you folks, and I look forward to posting more as time permits.

Wayne Roshaven, Lt Col, CAP
Commander, Group 2 GAWG

Welcome aboard.

-CC
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

PJ

A Little Late but im here. My name is Rob and the originator of this thread is my Sqrd. commader.DE004! I found out about this website through my wing links page. Im 17 and i wish i would have known about the CAP when i was 12  ;D
DE WING

Pylon

Quote from: PJ
A Little Late but im here. My name is Rob and the originator of this thread is my Sqrd. commader.DE004! I found out about this website through my wing links page. Im 17 and i wish i would have known about the CAP when i was 12  ;D

There's no such thing as being a late arrival here at CAPTalk.  People are signing up almost every day here.    (Though I am surprised that Jerry hasn't made it squadron SOP for all members to register at CAPTalk  ;)  )

Hope you find CAPTalk as informative and worthwhile as you sound to be finding CAP itself!  Welcome!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

capchiro

Just arrived and found a delightful and informative forum.  Good work to one and all.  I plan to utilize this site as an asset for our squadron.  I am always looking for creative and fun things to supplement the cadet program and to keep the Cadets engaged and active.  I have over 35 years experience in CAP, was a cadet in the dark ages...1963-64..Look forward to sharing with others of the same interest.   
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

PKS

Hello All!  I found this place after a web search, and so far so good!  I've been looking for a good CAP discussion board, but until now, all I'd found was way too much negativity.

I'm new to CAP, GAWG Senior Squadron 130, 8 years Air Force, and I've waned to join for 5 or 6 years but other obligations have kept me from it.  So now I'm in and accumulating all of the required goodies, taking the tests, etc., and gearing up for the start of the year.

Now I suppose I should go edit my profile and add the appropriate information.  Glad to be here!
2Lt. Pamela Skaff
Flight Line Supervisor
PDK Senior Squadron
SER GA 130 "Ready To Roll"

Mac

Welcome to CAP and CAPTalk. Hope we can be of help to any questions you have or that come up.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

MustangCadet

IM HERE! im a C/SrA in Mustang Cadet Squadron (u may or maynot have heard of it, if you have let me know) ;D
C/CMSgt Anthony Gallozzi
Mustang Cadet Squadron
RMR-CO-148
HGA White Hat '07

fyrfitrmedic

This is kind of an 'I'm here' post - again.

I've been swamped on several levels with the illness and passing of my father - ILT Bart Rowley NERPA093 - a little under 8 weeks ago. Not only was he my father but my squadron's CD/S and leadership officer and in general an indispensible member of the unit.

On a positive note, we've picked up a few new cadets and things are settling down a little bit. I'm looking forward to Winter School as my first chance to get into the woods in way, way too long.

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

AlphaSigOU

Great to be back in CAP after a 17-year break in service!

I started off as a cadet at Dekalb County Cadet Squadron (09065/GA-065) way back in 1977, then transfered to Florida Wing (08117 - University Cadet Squadron (defunct) and 08125/FL-125 - North Miami Cadet Squadron (now defunct)), Got my Mitchell and Earhart, then converted to senior member after I enlisted in the Air Force Did my senior time as a TFO and 1LT in one of the overseas squadrons (99117 - Bitburg/Spangdahlem Cadet Squadron) then transferred to National Capital Wing (45053/DC-053 - Fairfax County Composite Squadron). Eventually, other activities took over my time, and I let my membership lapse in 1988.

Fast forward 17 years later and I rejoin CAP here at Addison Eagles Composite Squadron (TX-390). Working with the cadets again and waiting for my promotion orders to get my old 1LT grade reinstated. I'm the assistant activities officer for the squadron.

(Lt. Col. Roshaven (who introduced himself earlier in this thread) may remember me - we were both in University Cadet Squadron way back WIWAC. Got some flying time with him for my observer wings, but unfortunately the paperwork was lost in one of my transfers, so I don't wear 'em anymore. But I am working my way to getting them back! ;D)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Pylon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on November 26, 2005, 09:52:27 PM
Great to be back in CAP after a 17-year break in service!

I started off as a cadet at Dekalb County Cadet Squadron (09065/GA-065) way back in 1977, then transfered to Florida Wing (08117 - University Cadet Squadron (defunct) and 08125/FL-125 - North Miami Cadet Squadron (now defunct)), Got my Mitchell and Earhart, then converted to senior member after I enlisted in the Air Force Did my senior time as a TFO and 1LT in one of the overseas squadrons (99117 - Bitburg/Spangdahlem Cadet Squadron) then transferred to National Capital Wing (45053/DC-053 - Fairfax County Composite Squadron). Eventually, other activities took over my time, and I let my membership lapse in 1988.

Fast forward 17 years later and I rejoin CAP here at Addison Eagles Composite Squadron (TX-390). Working with the cadets again and waiting for my promotion orders to get my old 1LT grade reinstated. I'm the assistant activities officer for the squadron.

(Lt. Col. Roshaven (who introduced himself earlier in this thread) may remember me - we were both in University Cadet Squadron way back WIWAC. Got some flying time with him for my observer wings, but unfortunately the paperwork was lost in one of my transfers, so I don't wear 'em anymore. But I am working my way to getting them back! ;D)

Welcome to CAPTalk!  (and welcome back to CAP!)  :)

Glad to see you're jumping right back in the swing of things!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Uhuru1906

I guess I'm a "pre-newbie". I've just submitted my app, fingerprints and check to become a Senior Member of Phoenix Composite Squadron in New York City.
Luther A. Smith
Phoenix Comp. Sqdn., NER-NY-131

TankerT

Logged on here for the first time... normally lurk on Cadetstuff

... recently told I should check out this place... etc. etc...

Been in CAP a long time... former cadet... etc... etc....

So... howdy.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

pixelwonk

Quote from: TankerT on December 19, 2005, 09:17:55 PM
Logged on here for the first time... normally lurk on Cadetstuff

... recently told I should check out this place... etc. etc...

Been in CAP a long time... former cadet... etc... etc....

So... howdy.

...I thought I smelled the scent of wool cardigan  ;)

Matt

<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

afgeo4

Phoenix Comp Sqdn... NER-NY-301

I was a cadet programs officer under Capt Ellie Tam until I transferred just over a year ago to Syracuse, NY.

Actually, Lt Sturgess (now the NYCG CC) was my boss and the squadron's Deputy Commander for Cadets.  Lt Mike Sim was my partner in crime and the other leadership officer there.  It is a fine squadron with well-earned honors, including the first flights over Ground Zero.  I wish you well and praise you for your dedication and decision to join.

PS:  Do make friends with the soldiers of the 69th Infantry and the NY Guard unit at the armory and do partake in the O-Club activities after meetings.  That armory and unit has amazing history that dates back to the revolutionary war and I'm sure they have lots of stories to tell about their recent 1 year deployment in Iraq.  Oh, if you see Ozzie down there, tell him "hi" for me please (Ozzie is a well known soldier at the armory).
GEORGE LURYE

TankerT

Quote from: tedda on December 19, 2005, 10:22:55 PM

No, that's just your unwashed socks you're smelling...

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

WICAPMOM

So if he is Mister Rogers who is Mister McFeely?
Julie Anne
Major, CAP ~ Commander
Milwaukee Comp Sqdn 5 (WI-061)

MIKE

Quote from: WICAPMOM on December 28, 2005, 04:36:52 AM

So if he is Mister Rogers who is Mister McFeely?

Inside joke.  ;)
Mike Johnston