SER and Dorian - Media Coverage

Started by etodd, September 01, 2019, 11:54:50 PM

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

arajca

Before the usual suspects jump in - I did NOT see any uniform violations. Which is unusual give that almost every release has many.

It is a good summary and coverage of CAP.

Luis R. Ramos

Not a criticism of the ad. However I think I saw the words "Air Force Auxiliary" in the gray paint in the rudder under "Civil Air Patrol."

I do remember seeing a memo where that mention of the USAF Auxiliary had to be painted out. Could it be I am wrong? Could it be this airplane has not reached the time for repainting?

Again, this is great coverage. Thank the OP for posting it.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

^ That's actually being added back onto all the aircraft.  It started about a year ago.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on September 02, 2019, 01:03:24 AM
^ That's actually being added back onto all the aircraft.  It started about a year ago.
And added to all ground vehicles.

Fubar

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on September 02, 2019, 12:38:58 AMI do remember seeing a memo where that mention of the USAF Auxiliary had to be painted out. Could it be I am wrong? Could it be this airplane has not reached the time for repainting?

As noted, it's been re-added to all corporate vehicles (both aircraft and ground transportation). It's actually nicely done, instead of trying to make the primary focus of the paint job, it proportionally reflects our status as the Air Force Auxiliary when performing Air Force assigned missions while allowing who we actually are, the Civil Air Patrol, be the primary focus.

I think they did a nice job.

Fubar

The members who made it into the news piece that etodd posted did a great job! The message delivery was clear and the info shared with the reporter was spot on.

Way to go!

Also, I hope everyone in FLWG gets through this OK. These hurricanes are scary and the video coming out of the islands where Dorian has passed through have been devastating. Please take care!

CAP9907

Quote from: Fubar on September 02, 2019, 03:42:19 AM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on September 02, 2019, 12:38:58 AMI do remember seeing a memo where that mention of the USAF Auxiliary had to be painted out. Could it be I am wrong? Could it be this airplane has not reached the time for repainting?

As noted, it's been re-added to all corporate vehicles (both aircraft and ground transportation). It's actually nicely done, instead of trying to make the primary focus of the paint job, it proportionally reflects our status as the Air Force Auxiliary when performing Air Force assigned missions while allowing who we actually are, the Civil Air Patrol, be the primary focus.

Agree, it looks good.

Also agree that it should be there, but minimally, for the reasons you say.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

JacobAnn

Great news feed.  We need more of that to keep us from being the best kept secret.  Thank you for sharing.

NIN

Quote from: Fubar on September 02, 2019, 03:42:19 AM

Great photograph. I am standing about 3 feet to the left of the horizontal stabilizer when this photograph was taken.

Considering the journalist who took it was using her cell phone, not a bad photo
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.