Started by ColonelJack, July 26, 2019, 03:37:18 PM

ColonelJack

Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

etodd

It means the Air Force buys us airplanes and other gear ... so we can work with FEMA, other EMAs, and search for ELTs ... so the Air Force doesn't have to be bothered with these things. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on July 26, 2019, 04:46:50 PM
It means the Air Force buys us airplanes and other gear ... so we can work with FEMA, other EMAs, and search for ELTs ... so the Air Force doesn't have to be bothered with these things. :)

You might want to check out how CAP funding actually works.

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

Gee, I bet all of those airmen (and soldiers, and sailors, and Marines, and Coast Guardsman...) who are assigned to DSCA units, work in the regions and TOC, and ANG assets who get activated under SAD to go work in some EMA's EOC are sure glad that they don't "have to be bothered with these things". You should take (or retake!) FEMA IS-75...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

ColonelJack

I wonder if you really understand what CAP is about.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Holding Pattern

Quote from: THRAWN on July 26, 2019, 05:24:43 PM

Gee, I bet all of those airmen (and soldiers, and sailors, and Marines, and Coast Guardsman...) who are assigned to DSCA units, work in the regions and TOC, and ANG assets who get activated under SAD to go work in some EMA's EOC are sure glad that they don't "have to be bothered with these things". You should take (or retake!) FEMA IS-75...

That said, I really with IS-75 would get a refresh.

THRAWN

Quote from: Holding Pattern on July 26, 2019, 06:11:00 PM

It's supposed to be coming. Last time I was at the region, there were some EMI guys there talking about some of the updates they are doing. There was a list of IS and instructor led courses that are under "review and revision". We'll see how long that takes...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Holding Pattern

Quote from: THRAWN on July 26, 2019, 06:14:15 PM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on July 26, 2019, 06:11:00 PM

It's supposed to be coming. Last time I was at the region, there were some EMI guys there talking about some of the updates they are doing. There was a list of IS and instructor led courses that are under "review and revision". We'll see how long that takes...

Well the big THIRA document just got updated yesterday, so hopefully that means the THIRA course will get updated (since they actually pulled that course "for revision" for several years.)

etodd

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 26, 2019, 05:40:13 PM

What CAP is about .... or what CAPTalk is about?   ;D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Spam

Quote from: etodd on July 26, 2019, 06:43:44 PM
Quote from: ColonelJack on July 26, 2019, 05:40:13 PM

What CAP is about .... or what CAPTalk is about?   ;D

My advice: stop now while you can.

The cliché of the earnest brash new LT speaking from his vast experience, thumbing his nose at the brass, really only gets you so far.

V/r
Spam

Ned

This really would be the right place to post things like "great video!" or even "good points, but he should have also included Points 1, 2, & 3."

But instead, we will have the usual CAPTalk thread.  I can't wait till we get to the uniform part.

We are better than this.

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0