Main Menu

GLR CoC?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, July 25, 2019, 07:01:21 PM

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2019, 10:42:39 PM
Unless it was turnover docs related specifically to your accepting command, there's
nothing that needs the CC's sig, per se, and anything actually time sensitive would have worked itself
out organically.

Entertaining silliness for the sake of expediency is why CAP has the issues it has.

Our wing has mandatory pre-emption on all activities and every activity requires signoffs from the squadron, group, and wing commander along with safety and legal review.

Eclipse

Which is why you have a Deputy.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Holding Pattern on July 25, 2019, 10:45:49 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2019, 10:42:39 PM
Unless it was turnover docs related specifically to your accepting command, there's
nothing that needs the CC's sig, per se, and anything actually time sensitive would have worked itself
out organically.

Entertaining silliness for the sake of expediency is why CAP has the issues it has.

Our wing has mandatory pre-emption on all activities and every activity requires signoffs from the squadron, group, and wing commander along with safety and legal review.

Sounds like an awesome solution in search of unicorn problems.

MSG Mac

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on July 25, 2019, 10:11:25 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on July 25, 2019, 10:01:57 PM
Any time a Commander is on vacation or out of the area for an extended time they have to designate someone to act in their place with the authority to sign as Commander.

Yep, seen it done dozens of times. Never with an actual eservices switch beyond temporary permissions increase if necessary.

I saw it about a year ago when the MER Commander went out of the country on business. I asked him why he was fired and he explained that it was normal practice, when out of contact for an extended period. Wouldn't want to hold up Lt Col promotions while he's away.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Aaaannd... I think we have once again run amok.
Buh-bye.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret