Harrison Ford Plane Crash (He's ok)

Started by Al Sayre, March 06, 2015, 02:08:15 AM

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SarDragon

Crashed another one, did he? The big scar on his chin is from pranging a helo some years ago.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Panzerbjorn

Since his injuries are being reported as moderate at worst and his family is saying he's going to be just fine, I'll just go ahead and post this....

http://youtu.be/flXCWdhJnGY
Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

PHall

His PT-22 had engine failure on climbout from Santa Monica, California airport.
Made a forced landing on a golf course. Only person hurt was Mr Ford.

NIN

Quote from: SarDragon on March 06, 2015, 02:36:27 AM
Crashed another one, did he? The big scar on his chin is from pranging a helo some years ago.

Oh, come on Dave, you know better than that!  :)

He pranged his 407 in 1999.

Watch the beginning of the 3rd Indiana Jones movie when River Phoenix as a young Indy Jones tries out a bull whip for the first time in the circus train car and winds up gashing his chin (giving the backstory for the scar visible on the "older" Jones).  That film was made in 1989.

Harrison Ford is a lot of things, but not a time traveller.  :P

He was in a car accident in 1968. Thats what that scar is from. (Look at American Graffiti or Star Wars. Scar on his chin)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

When I reposted the news article on Facebook, my comment was "Ok, we need to encase Han Solo, er, I mean Harrison Ford, in carbonite for his own protection."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

You almost cost me a new keyboard at work.

:clap:
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

JeffDG

Quote from: NIN on March 06, 2015, 11:15:57 AM
When I reposted the news article on Facebook, my comment was "Ok, we need to encase Han Solo, er, I mean Harrison Ford, in carbonite for his own protection."

And my response would be "Why?"

He had an issue, he dealt with it professionally and came to a pretty good outcome.  Golf courses are great places for engine-out landings for 2 reasons:  1)  Lots of open space to put down on, and less obvious, 2)  Lots of doctors around to fix you up if you get hurt.

NIN

Hey, man, Han Solo Harrison Ford is a national treasure!
(plus, you know, it was a little nerdy)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

MIKE

He lived because he was able to climb into the antique fridge he had on board moments before impact.
Mike Johnston

SarDragon

I thought he mentioned the source of the scar on Letterman one night, and also talked about pranging the helo. Maybe I conflated the two. Oh, well.

<plays "senior moment" card>
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LSThiker

Quote from: SarDragon on March 06, 2015, 09:26:54 PM
I thought he mentioned the source of the scar on Letterman one night, and also talked about pranging the helo. Maybe I conflated the two. Oh, well.

<plays "senior moment" card>

His scar story:
http://parade.com/103048/parade/harrison-ford-3/

a2capt

The lead lined fridge ... how convenient. ;-)

No wonder that plane lost altitude.

skymaster

Since it was a two-seater aircraft, does anyone know if someone else was in the aircraft at the time of the crash, or was he "flying Solo"?

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall