MILITARY OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER SERVICE MEDAL

Started by mikeylikey, June 20, 2007, 06:25:13 PM

RiverAux

Quotebut I didn't have much luck on the Nebraska Admiral thing.
The Nebraska Navy turned you down!!!!  Jeez, I had thought they weren't even all that strict about the fog-a-mirror test...

SarDragon

I haven't heard anything on my Admiral application, either.  ??? :(
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Quote from: SarDragon on June 21, 2007, 11:53:28 PM
I haven't heard anything on my Admiral application, either.  ??? :(
They must have a quota, or something.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Perhaps we need to commendere a new ship so there are more billets...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ncc1912

Just to point out, there is no "form" to fill out for this award.  The nomination must be drafted (like a legal document in memo form, or a bullet background paper), but it isn't that hard.  I wrote my own, had a recipient review and edit it, and submitted it in less than a day.

It has to be approved by a wing/battalion-level commander (usually an O-6). 

In the Air Force, they like a lot of details and facts (e.g. action-, result-, impact-type stuff).  The Army, Marines, and Navy review boards (if any) are probably more lenient on award recommendations and spend more time addressing the issue of, "has he/she earned it?" instead of whether the "t"s are crossed and "i"s dotted.  Also, if you are recomending it solely for your CAP service, I suggest getting three or four people willing to be your "references" (e.g. CAP squadron commander; CAP group and/or wing commander; or others who have worked with you on projects).

Good luck to those putting in for it.  Write, if you would like some pointers.
//SIGNED//
JUSTIN B. BAIER, Major, CAP
"Dislocated Member"
Civil Air Patrol - United States Air Force Auxiliary
Active-duty USAF
Seoul, Republic of Korea