Main Menu

Ribbons

Started by Capt M. Sherrod, June 19, 2007, 07:01:49 PM

ColonelJack

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 24, 2007, 09:12:00 AM
The regs for the corporate blue trousers/white shirt say that a member must meet grooming standards, but saying nothing about weight standards. How do we know if we are supposed to wear the blue trousers and epi-sleeves or grey trousers and grey sleeves?

Seniors who don't meet weight standards but do meet grooming standards have a choice, and may wear either the corporate blue or aviator grey uniform.  Seniors who don't meet either standard have no choice, and may wear only the aviator greys. 

Also if weight is a factor in addition to grooming (weight not mentioned), do a google image search for air force service uniform and I think you will agree that the male SM definately doesnt meet weight standards (sorry if thats anyone from here in that photo).

I went through five pages and only saw one male SM who doesn't meet weight standards -- Colonel Levitch -- and he's in corporate blue, not AF blue.  Not sure which picture you're referring to.

Also, is a cover other than the ball cap authorized with the blue/white corporate?

Yes, the blue flight cap with CAP emblem and the service cap with CAP emblem and silver chin strap.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

SARMedTech

Im supposed to wear a silver chin strap to a meeting? Im Kidding.  And if you back up and re-read my quotes, I said IF there is a weight standard, which was the crux of my question in the first place because i did not know if there was. The photo to which I am referring is the the first one when you do the image search I suggested.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

ColonelJack

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 24, 2007, 12:19:21 PM
Im supposed to wear a silver chin strap to a meeting? Im Kidding.  And if you back up and re-read my quotes, I said IF there is a weight standard, which was the crux of my question in the first place because i did not know if there was. The photo to which I am referring is the the first one when you do the image search I suggested.

For the corporate blue, there isn't a weight standard.  Same for the aviator greys.  Just a grooming standard.

And the picture ... I now see which one you meant, but that's actually an AF officer, not a CAP officer.  So bad on them for letting that one get by.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

SARMedTech

I was just watching a televised speech from the National Press Club and the presenter was talking about military matters so there were plenty of uniforms in the audience. The camera panned to 4 USAF officers sitting together wearing their short sleeve blues with full ribbon racks. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."