CAP Officers and shoulder cords

Started by Eagle400, June 09, 2007, 03:06:41 AM

Eagle400

On page 9 of the May-June 2007 Volunteer is a picture featuring a CAP Lt Col wearing a silver shoulder cord with aigulette on his service dress uniform.  What the heck!  ???  I thought shoulder cords of any kind were not authorized for wear by CAP officers.  Did I miss something?   

Perhaps this is another one of general Pineda's last-minute uniform changes without a policy letter or any input from the membership. 

Any thoughts?

stillamarine

OR......Wait for it.......Almost There.......It could be that the Lt Col is just wearing his uniform wrong!   :o   Why everytime one of you see something different on someone's uniform it has to be Maj Gen Pineda's conspiracy????????????????

::)
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

ddelaney103

That's TP's (not so) Secret Service Detail.  Their tasks are things like clearing out the restroom before TP goes in.

I'm not kidding, though perhaps I shouldn't use "TP" and "restroom" in the same sentence.

Anyway, they were standing around the entrances of the Winter Boards with mic's in their ears, looking official.

JMHO, but I thought their ribbon racks looked a little light for Colonels - I'm guessing there were promotion waivers in their files.

ddelaney103

Quote from: stillamarine on June 09, 2007, 03:46:19 AM
OR......Wait for it.......Almost There.......It could be that the Lt Col is just wearing his uniform wrong!   :o   Why everytime one of you see something different on someone's uniform it has to be Maj Gen Pineda's conspiracy????????????????

::)

Because I'd like to think Brig Gen Coulter would straighten a SM that far off the beam straight away?

RogueLeader

Quote from: ddelaney103 on June 09, 2007, 03:48:39 AM
I'm not kidding, though perhaps I shouldn't use "TP" and "restroom" in the same sentence.

Why, to some, they appar to be the same or interchangable.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Flying Pig

I had heard about the dignitary protection Senior Members.  I thought it was a joke.  You mean there were really Seniors talking into their lapels with ear mics and all? What quals do yo uneed for that gig?

mikeylikey

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 09, 2007, 07:53:55 AM
I had heard about the dignitary protection Senior Members.  I thought it was a joke.  You mean there were really Seniors talking into their lapels with ear mics and all? What quals do yo uneed for that gig?

At least 80 years old, one bum eye, a cane/or walker and a "back in my day" attitude!
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Oh, my God, he's from FLORIDA!

Apologies to all from the guys in the Sunshine State who don't design their own uniforms.
Another former CAP officer

wingnut

HE IS A FAT GUY IN AN AIR FORCE UNIFORM TOO!! ???

BillB

Maj. John Kachenmeister.....Perhaps you didn't get the memo. Now the Florida Wing Supplement to 39-1 says "Senior members may design their own uniforms Adding any and all devices they are authorized. This includes unlimited badges, patches and wings. Further, all paragraphs of CAPM-39-1 following number 1, shall not be applicable or enforced south or Alabama and Georgia.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major Carrales

Civility..my friends, let's not forget it.

I do not know what that is on page 9, but I noticed it as well.  Anyone thought to ask anyone that was there?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

There was a multipage thread over on Cadetstuff about this, complete with some photos. The thread had an interesting discussion. And apparently, there has been nothing forthcoming from NHQ about these silver-corded members. The explanation would probably be just as interesting.

Flying Pig

Well, these members were photographed.  Someone out there knows who they are.  Ask them directly.

I know thats a long shot, but worth a try.

Major Carrales

What if it was one of those "wear tests" people clamour for here?  >:D

All levity aside, really what was up with this?

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 09, 2007, 09:28:10 PM

If it was a wear test, wouldn't they have mentioned it? ???
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hawk200

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 09, 2007, 10:11:05 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on June 09, 2007, 09:28:10 PM

If it was a wear test, wouldn't they have mentioned it? ???

They didn't mention the last one...

lordmonar

It all sounds a little like cord envy to me.  ;D

So what that the National Commander's aides/assistants/body guards are sporting a shoulder cord?

Does it look bad.....(I mean when some non CAP, non military person looks at them do they say "what's up with that")....no.  Then let it go.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Hawk200

Quote from: lordmonar on June 10, 2007, 01:13:55 AM
It all sounds a little like cord envy to me.  ;D

So what that the National Commander's aides/assistants/body guards are sporting a shoulder cord?

Does it look bad.....(I mean when some non CAP, non military person looks at them do they say "what's up with that")....no.  Then let it go.

People are curious. What's wrong with them asking?

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 10, 2007, 01:24:15 AM

Nothing, but there is when followed by agendistic statements like...

QuotePerhaps this is another one of general Pineda's last-minute uniform changes without a policy letter or any input from the membership. 

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 10, 2007, 01:40:47 AM
Quote from: Hawk200 on June 10, 2007, 01:24:15 AM

Nothing, but there is when followed by agendistic statements like...

QuotePerhaps this is another one of general Pineda's last-minute uniform changes without a policy letter or any input from the membership. 
So let it be nothing, then.

People are just talking about it, it's not hurting anything. The statement made is simple supposition, it's not being stated as an absolute fact. What is "agendistic" about supposition?