Dumb TPU Question

Started by Pumbaa, May 21, 2007, 09:29:40 PM

Pumbaa

In all the reading on the TPU, I have not noticed anythign about a summer variant.  ie. Short sleeves-no tie

Is there a summer varient?  Or just the tie and long sleeve?

I'm too lazy to poke around the HQ web.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Pumbaa

Thanks..

As I said dumb question, now that I look at the links, I have seen it before but it did not register as the discussions have been about the double breasted coat so much.

Sigh...

THink I'll stay with the greys, I really do not want to shave my goatee off, even though it is so close already.

mikeylikey

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on May 21, 2007, 09:29:40 PM
In all the reading on the TPU, I have not noticed anythign about a summer variant.  ie. Short sleeves-no tie

Is there a summer varient?  Or just the tie and long sleeve?

I'm too lazy to poke around the HQ web.
'

When is the T-shirt and Shorts TPU variant coming out?  Geez....its already May and getting a little hot around my parts. 
What's up monkeys?

Pumbaa

Which parts of yours are you talking about?

Lancer

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on May 21, 2007, 10:02:57 PM
Which parts of yours are you talking about?

Isn't that a personal question?  >:D

Pumbaa

He started it!   :angel:

Camas

Another dumb TPU question -  are military ribbons worn?  I know the powerpoint says yes but I'm sure I saw something about no military insignia somewhere?

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 21, 2007, 09:56:53 PM
When is the T-shirt and Shorts TPU variant coming out?  Geez....its already May and getting a little hot around my parts. 

Well, to be specific, it's supposed to be a white "polo-type" shirt, and for "inside" duty, it's pressed, poplin, navy-blue, down-to-the-knee shorts.  For field duty, the shorts change to navy-blue cargo shorts, dontchaknow..

I know, shuddup before someone adopts it..  Hey, it can't be nearly as bad as the old G-shirts they used to have... They all looked like we were from Miami or sumpthin.. I kept waiting for the #$%^ Panama hats..I guess they couldn't find them in navy blue...  ;D

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

MIKE

Quote from: Camas on May 22, 2007, 12:08:24 AM
Another dumb TPU question -  are military ribbons worn?  I know the powerpoint says yes but I'm sure I saw something about no military insignia somewhere?

No, only CAP ribbons and badges are worn.
Mike Johnston

Flying Pig

O-Rex

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 22, 2007, 12:23:39 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on May 21, 2007, 09:56:53 PM

Well, to be specific, it's supposed to be a white "polo-type" shirt, and for "inside" duty, it's pressed, poplin, navy-blue, down-to-the-knee shorts.  For field duty, the shorts change to navy-blue cargo shorts, dontchaknow..

I know, shuddup before someone adopts it..  Hey, it can't be nearly as bad as the old G-shirts they used to have... They all looked like we were from Miami or sumpthin.. I kept waiting for the #$%^ Panama hats..I guess they couldn't find them in navy blue...  ;D

V/R,

"Black-Van Operator" uniform: Ban-lon short-sleeve shirt, black tie, black pants.  Don't forget the wraparound shades.

Accessories: pen-like flashy thing. . . .

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 22, 2007, 01:43:17 AM
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/MaleServiceUniform.jpg

OK...so who is this guy

That's the AF style uniform, and I don't see any military ribbons on his uniform...

He's wearing a Leadership Ribbon, Membership Ribbon, and Red Service Ribbon - All CAP ribbons...but he would be allowed to wear mil ribbons with that uniform either way...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LtCol White

Yeah but he is wearing a white shirt. He has sr member grade but the white shirt with regular tie is the cadet version of formal wear with the new style USAF service coat. The old style coat was white shirt with bow tie.

He kinda has that "deer in the headlights" look. Maybe he sees a black van coming towards him. LOL
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

MIKE

The light blue shirts can appear white under certain lighting conditions.
Mike Johnston

CAP428

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 22, 2007, 01:43:17 AM
http://level2.cap.gov/documents/MaleServiceUniform.jpg

OK...so who is this guy

He's also the model in those AWESOME pictures that come in the new cadet member binder...... ::)

Pylon

Quote from: CAP428 on May 24, 2007, 11:43:26 PM
He's also the model in those AWESOME pictures that come in the new cadet member binder...... ::)

GQ and Esquire step aside... 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on May 24, 2007, 11:57:11 PM
Quote from: CAP428 on May 24, 2007, 11:43:26 PM

GQ and Esquire step aside... 

lol.

I bet he's some random dude that NHQ picked out.  After all, the people in the uniform manual don't match what they're wearing, even on different pages.  It's an entire manual of deception!  REVOLT!

SAR-EMT1

Can we assume the folks in the manuals ARE the NHQ PAO staff?

... There is nothing dumb about a TPU question... just the TPU
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student