Anyone going to Sun n Fun?

Started by Woodsy, March 27, 2013, 09:58:48 PM

Woodsy

Just curious of anyone here from outside of Florida is planning on going to Sun n Fun?  It's a major mission every year for Florida Wing as we do a huge recruiting/promo booth, crowd control and have traditionally handled the many ELT missions there every year.   

If anyone is planning on going just as a spectator, let me know and we'd love to have you as a guest at one of our events during the show. 

Stonewall

Air shows always seem to be scheduled in conjunction with national guard drill, i.e. a conspiracy that keeps me from air shows.  And now that I'm eligible to retire in a few months, air shows are getting canceled.   :-\
Serving since 1987.

Critical AOA

Just the military ones are being cancelled as far as I know.  There are many more airshows besides military ones and IMHO the others are more enjoyable. 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

DocKibbey

I was there working at our CAP DDR/Recruiting/FAA & Flightline area the last 3 days as a Senior Member with FL 466 based at the CFAA bldg at Lakeland-Linder.  Was a great time for the cadets to practice with the rifles for drill, meet international cadets at the Meet & Greet on Thursday night and meet other Senior members.