Main Menu

Accepted Command

Started by Strick, August 26, 2009, 05:17:41 PM

Strick

I have accepted command of the Owego Composite Squadron in NYWG.  I have not been a member of a squadron since 2000, I have always served at the wing and group level.   Wish me luck !!!! :)
[darn]atio memoriae

capchiro

Good luck, I think you will finds things different at the squadron level than at Group and/or Wing. 
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

dwb

Good luck!

You'll need it.

:)

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

Quote from: Strick on August 26, 2009, 05:17:41 PM
I have accepted command of the Owego Composite Squadron in NYWG.  I have not been a member of a squadron since 2000, I have always served at the wing and group level.   Wish me luck !!!! :)
You'll quickly learn to grouse about those people at group or wing who have no idea what its like out in the real world  ;) 

Thanks for stepping up!

Gunner C

It's an experience that you'll never forget.  I've been in command twice in CAP and I enjoyed it!  But remember:  some days will be better than others.  ;D

Strick

Just got home from a Group Hq meeting tonight, I now see the big diffrence between the Group and the Squadron.   It is good to be taken back to where you came from.  Sometimes we lose sight what CAP is about when move up to group or wing.
[darn]atio memoriae

Airrace

Congradualtions and good luck!

IceNine

It is always amazing when I visit my units and realize just how busy they really are from the time the lights come on, until they turn them back off.

It's easy to sit at a higher echelon and think that we are busy, but almost nothing that I do requires that I present all the information I just gathered over the last week to be presented some time in a hectic 2 hour timeframe.

I have nothing but respect for squadron commanders.  I hope once you get back on pace that this is one of the most rewarding things that you ever do in you CAP career.  It is certainly one of the single most important jobs you can ever hold.

Good luck
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DogCollar

Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

CAPSGT

Prilosec is good and all, but in the 3 weeks since I took over at my squadron, I've found Prescription Zantac much better.   :D
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Cecil DP

Becoming a commander is like eating potato chips, you know it's bad for you, but you always want another.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85