Main Menu

Time in grade

Started by Senior, March 22, 2009, 04:17:03 PM

Senior

I have an old membership card, 1994, that shows my rank as Captain.
I don't have actual records for that time period. NHQ doesn't have records
that far back also.  Is there any process to try to get  my TIG from that time on my record now to promote sooner?  I was also a squadron commander,
but again I don't have written records for that time period.   I don't remember that far back about specific dates.

Stonewall

From CAPR 35-5:

Quote3-8. Former Members. A former member may be reinstated to the same grade held prior to voluntary membership termination, provided he or she qualifies for that grade under current criteria (including applicable senior member professional development criteria). A recommendation for such reinstatement is neither automatic nor mandatory. If approved, the appointment will not be retroactive, and the date of grade will be the date validated by National Headquarters upon reinstatement.

Looks like, if approved, you could be a Captain again upon completing CPPT and being approved as a qualified senior member.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on March 22, 2009, 04:24:49 PM
From CAPR 35-5:

Quote3-8. Former Members. A former member may be reinstated to the same grade held prior to voluntary membership termination, provided he or she qualifies for that grade under current criteria (including applicable senior member professional development criteria). A recommendation for such reinstatement is neither automatic nor mandatory. If approved, the appointment will not be retroactive, and the date of grade will be the date validated by National Headquarters upon reinstatement.

Looks like, if approved, you could be a Captain again upon completing CPPT and being approved as a qualified senior member.

You'd also have to substantiate completion of Level II, assuming its not in your records already through more recent participation.

"That Others May Zoom"

Senior

Stonewall, thanks.  I am have been reinstated as a Captain.  My dilemma
is proving my time in grade for promotion.  I was wondering if anybody else
had had a similar situation of lost records but proof(my old CAP ID card) and
how you got NHQ to put that on your present records.  I do have proof of
ECI 13, SLS. I am a former Spaatz cadet.

Stonewall

I see.  I was thinking you were wanting to be reinstated as a captain.  I misunderstood.  My guess is you may be stuck as a "brand new" captain, again.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

The TIG clock restarts upon the reinstatement.

Quote from: CAPR 39-2, section 4-2
1) Members electing to rejoin must reapply (CAPF 12 and fingerprint card) and be accepted by the unit and higher headquarters (see Chapter 3). Upon acceptance, members will be credited with previous achievements, but their records will reflect a break in service. NOTE: Reinstatement of grade of former members is neither automatic nor mandatory, but is at the discretion of the unit commander. Commanders must request grade reinstatement through channels in accordance with CAPR 35-5, CAP Officer & Noncommissioned Officer Appointments and Promotions.

"That Others May Zoom"