Time for cadet application to be processed?

Started by ARandomCadet, May 11, 2013, 05:13:31 AM

ARandomCadet

Okay everybody, so I have a question here about processing the application. I just turned my application in and I needed to know how long does it take for the application to get processed at NHQ and get turned around and shown in e-services? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

SarDragon

What does your chain of command have to say about this? They should be your primary source of information.

To answer your Q, anywhere from a week to three weeks, depending on workload and personnel availability at NHQ.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Huey Driver

Also, you aren't a C/Anything until you're in the system.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

lordmonar

Quote from: cadetrainey on May 11, 2013, 05:13:31 AM
Okay everybody, so I have a question here about processing the application. I just turned my application in and I needed to know how long does it take for the application to get processed at NHQ and get turned around and shown in e-services? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
It usually takes 3-4 days once NHQ gets it.   Our SOP is to put them in the mail Wednesday and the temp ID is usually ready by the next Tuesday.....but can vary due to mail times and NHQ work load.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Guys it can take a little while since there were cuts to the membership office.  It took almost a month for a couple of my cadets to show in the system and that was with the admin guy and the CC calling asking about the status.

MajorM

We fax out apps in with a memo to charge to a credit card.  I've always had them processed within 72 hours of faxing them in.  When we snail mailed them it would take 2-3 weeks to see them pop up on eServices.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on May 11, 2013, 09:07:31 PM
Fax?  Seriously?

hahaha....that was my thought exactly.  Unfortunately, I work from a home office and some of my business is required to be done via fax.  I still can't believe how many people are still using it.

helper

Quote from: Eclipse on May 11, 2013, 09:07:31 PM
Fax?  Seriously?

Actually Yes.

That's what I did and they were processed very fast. Also, I knew when they were about to be entered into the system because of the phone call to get the credit card information. The next day I'd print a temporary id card.   

Mitchell (pre-number) & Earhart (2144)

MajorM

NHQ won't accept scan/email due to security concerns, therefore fax is the only "instantaneous" method currently available.  Perhaps someday there will be online application, but for now it's the best option out there.

I don't have a fax machine so ironically I'm usually scanning the app, uploading it to a free fax service to send it.

But hey, what works, works.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: MajorM on May 12, 2013, 03:06:01 AM
NHQ won't accept scan/email due to security concerns, therefore fax is the only "instantaneous" method currently available.  Perhaps someday there will be online application, but for now it's the best option out there.

I don't have a fax machine so ironically I'm usually scanning the app, uploading it to a free fax service to send it.

But hey, what works, works.

You are scanning people's full personal info, including name, address, DOB, SSN, and credit card info to a free faxing service? There is a reason NHQ doesn't accept these forms over email, let alone handing it to God-knows-who runs that service.

Eclipse

Quote from: MajorM on May 12, 2013, 03:06:01 AM
NHQ won't accept scan/email due to security concerns...

OK - I realize this is not your policy by any means, so this certainly isn't aimed at you.  I haven't processed a new member app since just before they
changed the policy to no longer accept email apps - there was a time when you could email the app, phone in a credit card, and move on.

Seriously, we make things so much harder then they need to be.

"That Others May Zoom"

MajorM

Agreed.. I will say though, the service is fast.  Although for some reason now it takes 2-3 reminder emails to get a receipt of the cc transaction.  That used to happen automatically every time.  Not sure why things changed.  No matter how I include the request in the payment memo nothing seems to make a difference.  Ah well, what's life without a few windmills to tip.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: JerseyCadet on May 11, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Also, you aren't a C/Anything until you're in the system.

I am referred in my squadron as a C/AB, even though I am not in e-services yet.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: SarDragon on May 11, 2013, 08:23:22 AM
What does your chain of command have to say about this? They should be your primary source of information.

To answer your Q, anywhere from a week to three weeks, depending on workload and personnel availability at NHQ.

My chain of command didn't say much, they just took up my application and they gave me what part of my uniform they had that would fit. They said that a while back it was 3-4 days but now it varies, so I was asking because of that.