Tips for a large transfer

Started by tn485, March 01, 2013, 05:59:05 PM

a2capt

Goes back to this very scenario as I painted it. The unit was obviously dependent on some way, on that one individual. Whatever that dependency was, employer, CC's garage, etc. could have changed for ANY reason. Also like was mentioned, not being CC anymore doesn't mean "You need to leave now".

If this meeting location is supplied solely on the basis that Individual X is CC, then that's totally flawed right there. If this meeting location is supplied solely because Individual X is a CAP member of that unit, that's only slightly less flawed. Things can change fast. People get sick, pissed, fired, burned out, lose interest, etc. 

To be honest, that does not sound like a functioning unit to me. That sounds like hanging by a thread. That doesn't mean they're not accomplishing stuff while hanging on that thread though, as evidenced by the recognition for meeting the statistics of a productive, developing unit. But living in the shadows of eviction isn't good either.

MSG Mac

The Term limits are not something new, it's been around for several years, so your  nether your Commander
Nor the unit at large should not be complaining about being replaced. As noted in a previous post why didn't he stay around to assist the new commander or at least work with the landlord to keep the squadron at the location?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

Term limits have been in existence in some regions/wings for a while. Not everywhere, it appears now that it is nationally mandated by regulation.  I originally got the impression that it was a national thing all along, only having myself ever been in one Wing/unit during my 12 years so far. But in the unit's I've visited, I've found this to be the case, in other wings.  Perhaps it's only new to the south/southeast?

Private Investigator

Quote from: tn485 on March 02, 2013, 10:59:20 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on March 02, 2013, 04:38:29 PM
Quote from: tn485 on March 01, 2013, 06:59:08 PM
You don't get it.  He had a huge amount of support from senior members, cadets, and cadet's parents.  The people that were willing to step up and fill the position were denied.  If you know everything (without having been here to see what our situation is like), maybe you should just come on out here and fix it yourself?

You don't get it. Do you know what happen at the New Orleans Squadron in 1955? Pear Falls Cadet Squadron in 1972? Mansfield (TX) Squadron in 1995? Petticoat Junction Composite SQ in 2001?

You want to reinvent the wheel? You think you are the only one in the country? Join the boy scouts or stick with little league because you are 98.44% wrong and if you pay attention in college one day you will know what being 98.44% wrong is   ;)

Nope, I don't.  But I do know that 94.43% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Source?   >:D

Private Investigator

Quote from: a2capt on March 03, 2013, 03:05:33 AM
Goes back to this very scenario as I painted it. The unit was obviously dependent on some way, on that one individual. Whatever that dependency was, employer, CC's garage, etc. could have changed for ANY reason. Also like was mentioned, not being CC anymore doesn't mean "You need to leave now".

If this meeting location is supplied solely on the basis that Individual X is CC, then that's totally flawed right there. If this meeting location is supplied solely because Individual X is a CAP member of that unit, that's only slightly less flawed. Things can change fast. People get sick, pissed, fired, burned out, lose interest, etc. 

To be honest, that does not sound like a functioning unit to me. That sounds like hanging by a thread. That doesn't mean they're not accomplishing stuff while hanging on that thread though, as evidenced by the recognition for meeting the statistics of a productive, developing unit. But living in the shadows of eviction isn't good either.

A good example is Squadron of the Year. That does not mean you are the greatest Squadron ever, it just means you are better than others and the others may not have put in for it or have other issues.

The other factor we got is the good ole boy network. And the GOBN is all about favoritism. It is great when you are a favorite, not so much when you are not. In Little League, even if your father is the manager, if you can not pitch you can not be the pitcher.   

blinky

TN485 - you are doing the right thing kid.  But you probably didn't come to the right place for gentle advice.  Just ignore the harshness and try to filter out the garbage - and best advice to the harsh posts - ignore them - do not respond.  In terms of helping the new squadron not feel overwhelmed or overrun - just do your best to make friends with them.  A friendly attitude will get you a long way.

Good luck with your new digs.