AF Squadron Officer School changing

Started by RiverAux, July 30, 2011, 06:38:36 PM

RiverAux

The AF is cutting out the leadership training course they had for Lts. and is incorporating it into a revamped Squadron Officer School for Captains.  AF Times story here: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/07/air-force-officer-leadership-training-changes-073011w/

The part that is relevant to CAP is changes to the online version:
QuoteRight now, it offers a slightly different curriculum than the in-residence program. Students log onto a virtual learning environment and study ethical leadership, decision-making, and team- and coalition-building.

The 138 hours of classes, which captains are expected to finish in 18 months, include readings, interactive exercises and multimedia pieces. Testing takes place at predesignated sites.
(stuff cut)

The captains who can't make it to Maxwell will be able to complete the new lessons online; the old curriculum will stay in place until January, when it, too, relaunches with a curriculum similar to the in-residence school.

If you are already enrolled it would probably be a good idea to finish up ASAP.  Who knows whether they will allow people that are already enrolled in the old version to finish it after January or if they will have to start over in the new course.

coudano

PHall

River, they're eliminating ASBC and revamping SOS. ASBC is an In Residence only course so CAP has never offered it.

coudano

Quote from: PHall on July 31, 2011, 12:27:15 AM
River, they're eliminating ASBC and revamping SOS. ASBC is an In Residence only course so CAP has never offered it.

However the new SOS i guess is going to incorporate some elements from ASBC (?)
I guess that would make the new SOS coming up 'harder' than the current one, ?
So maybe wise to get through SOS now before the update, i duno

if you are already enrolled I don't see it changing for the class you are already in

RiverAux

Quote from: coudano on July 30, 2011, 10:49:39 PM
It's ASBC that they are ending
I didn't say they were ending SOS, just that they were eliminating the Lts. course (ASBC) and changing SOS.  Two different things.