A joke for a Monday Morning...

Started by Smoothice, October 26, 2009, 12:38:49 PM

Smoothice

I hope this is OK to post here, it is aviation related, but its a good joke for a Monday...enjoy!

A local news reporter was tasked with coving a local wildfire. He checked in with his boss, and asked for funding to hire a pilot to take him above all the action.
With his request approved, the reporter quickly used a cell phone and called the airport to charter a flight.
He was told that an airplane would be waiting for him at the airport.
Arriving at the field, he spotted the plane warming up outside the hanger.
He jumped in with his bag and shouted "Let's go!"
Once in the air, he told the pilot "Fly over the valley and make a low pass so I can get some good photos of the fires"
The pilot asked "Why?"
The reporter replied "Because I am a reporter for THE SUN and I was asked to get some photos."
The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered "So, what you are telling me is, you're NOT my flight instructor?!"

sparks

One joke is good, two are better;

TOP TEN WAYS TO SPOT A REALLY BAD LANDING!
1.   Passengers appear shorter than before the takeoff.
2.   Big skid marks left on pavement and in pilot's clothing.
3.   You're cleared to land three different times without going around.
4.   That scraping sound was the trailing edge of the flaps.
5.   You're congratulated on a perfect four-point landing when you have only three wheels.
6.   Laughter overwhelms the tower frequency for hours.
7.   Rescue workers greet you to ask for an injury report.
8.   Prop has that zooty new Q-tip look.
9.   Enormous amount of power needed to taxi off the runway.
10.   The line boy fuels your Skyhawk without a stepladder.

flyerthom

How do you know there's a Pilot at the party?

He'll tell you.

TC

lordmonar

How do you get a pilot to ignore you?

Start marshalling him.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

How do you get a pilot to sit on the ramp and convert kerosene to noise for an extra minute or two?

Turn your back on him when he ignores your marshalling directions.  ;D   

USN E-5 vs. USMC O-4 -> E-5 wins, with the total support of his division officer!  :clap:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Thrashed

What's the difference between a turbine engine and a pilot?

The engine eventually stops whining.

Save the triangle thingy

Eclipse

What's the difference between God and pilots?

God doesn't think he's a pilot.

"That Others May Zoom"

Thrashed

The German air controllers at  Frankfurt Airport are a short-tempered lot.  They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location but how to get there without any assistance from them.  So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747 (call sign "Speedbird 206") after landing:

Speedbird 206: "Top of the morning Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of the active runway."

Ground: "Guten morgen!  You will taxi to your  gate!"

The big British Airways 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by a moment ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with some arrogant  impatience): "Speedbird 206, you have never flown to Frankfurt before?!?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, I have, in 1944. In  another type of Boeing... but I didn't stop."

Save the triangle thingy

bosshawk

The German controllers get another one.  Seems there is a Luftansa 727 leaving Munich for Frankfurt.  Pilot asks for taxi in German and the controller comes back with "Speak English, it is required".  Pilot replies "I am a German airliner, flying for a German airline, in Germany, why do I have to speak English".  Unidentified response in very good American English: "Because you lost the war".
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Airrace

Quote from: Smoothice on October 26, 2009, 12:38:49 PM
I hope this is OK to post here, it is aviation related, but its a good joke for a Monday...enjoy!

A local news reporter was tasked with coving a local wildfire. He checked in with his boss, and asked for funding to hire a pilot to take him above all the action.
With his request approved, the reporter quickly used a cell phone and called the airport to charter a flight.
He was told that an airplane would be waiting for him at the airport.
Arriving at the field, he spotted the plane warming up outside the hanger.
He jumped in with his bag and shouted "Let's go!"
Once in the air, he told the pilot "Fly over the valley and make a low pass so I can get some good photos of the fires"
The pilot asked "Why?"
The reporter replied "Because I am a reporter for THE SUN and I was asked to get some photos."
The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered "So, what you are telling me is, you're NOT my flight instructor?!"

I like this one!

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Thrash on October 31, 2009, 03:28:47 PM
The German air controllers at  Frankfurt Airport are a short-tempered lot.  They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location but how to get there without any assistance from them.  So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747 (call sign "Speedbird 206") after landing:

Speedbird 206: "Top of the morning Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of the active runway."

Ground: "Guten morgen!  You will taxi to your  gate!"

The big British Airways 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by a moment ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with some arrogant  impatience): "Speedbird 206, you have never flown to Frankfurt before?!?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, I have, in 1944. In  another type of Boeing... but I didn't stop."
Heard the same joke, only I heard it about japanese pilot and pearl harbor........

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

How many Fighter Pilots does it take to change a light bulb......

None.

Fighter Pilots are not afraid of the Dark!

lordmonar

Quote from: Amelia Earhart SQ on November 02, 2009, 11:00:14 PM
How many Fighter Pilots does it take to change a light bulb......

None.

Fighter Pilots are not afraid of the Dark!

No...they just right it up in the forms and make maintenance do it! :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SilverEagle2

I heard it a little different.

How many fighter pilots does it take to change a light bulb?

One he just stands there and waits for the world to revolve around HIM.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman