Main Menu

Unit Patch

Started by Flying Pig, October 06, 2009, 01:43:21 AM

Flying Pig

At work we just got in our new Air Support Unit patch.  I took the photo.  I like it.

On the left we have the stars for night, on the right we have mountains, and on the bottom we have water for our water rescue mission.  The flag represents the sun and America.  The eagle for the name of our helicopter EAGLE 1, and inside the eagle, you'll see the letters "ASU" make up the eagles body.  For your viewing pleasure.

bosshawk

Rob: neat, I'll take one the next time I see you.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Chappie

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Gunner C

Great job!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

DC

Spiffy! That looks really cool.

jeders

That's pretty cool. Although the flag/sun theme seems a little reminiscent of the Japanese Empire. Trying to say something are we? ;D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

bosshawk

Not likely in Fresno, California.  Very small Japanese population.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

Its just how it came out.  We originally had the stars on the bottom with the stripes going up.  We even used just a yellow sun.  But decided on the flag style.  Nothing to read into.  Just the design.

alamrcn

Very kuhl... And I like the "rising sun" flag!

I've seen schools do the same "monogram" thing into the shape of their mascot before, and usually looks very nice - as it does here!

BTW, this would be a good thread in that new History section of CAP Talk!  :clap:

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

MikeD

Looks cool.  Interested in trading one for some NASA patch?  I can get some pics and email em to you.