National Logistics Advisor

Started by badger bob, August 17, 2009, 09:10:32 PM

badger bob

I am pleased to announce that I recieved an appointment as the National Logistics Advisor by Maj Gen Courter effective 12AUG2009.

I will be working with Col Bill Charles, National Controller, the National Corporate Staff, and the National Volunteer Staff on the logistics side of our operation.

The new CAPR 174-1, Property Management Regulation, has been posted for comment thru the period of the Summer National Board & Conference.

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R174_001_draft_DACE8191B9749.pdf

The new regulation and updated inventory system will have several workshops and demonstrations during the week.

Hope to see you in San Antonio.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

arajca

Congradulations!

Did they include a budget line for asprin?

badger bob

And a major increase in my CAP retirement pay.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

Spike

Let me ask then....what is the word on access to GSA property (i.e. pens, pencils office supplies etc.)??  It was being kicked around late last year, just inquiring to see if anything has changed?

badger bob

Access to GSA property is a on my to do list. I think our access will be limitied to GSA excess, so those expendable supplies like paper and pens may not be availalbe as excess property.

I see more potential with GSA excess vehicles. They typically replace their vehicles with something like 4 years or 80,000 miles. In most case that would be a major upgrade for most of our current fleet.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

PHall

Quote from: badger bob on August 18, 2009, 02:10:52 PM
Access to GSA property is a on my to do list. I think our access will be limitied to GSA excess, so those expendable supplies like paper and pens may not be availalbe as excess property.

I see more potential with GSA excess vehicles. They typically replace their vehicles with something like 4 years or 80,000 miles. In most case that would be a major upgrade for most of our current fleet.

And most of those GSA excess vehicles are pretty beat up because everybody drives them like they were a "rental car".

heliodoc

Maybe driven like a rental car....

But on wildland fire assignments, bird counts, remote area operations, and many other thousands of miles that the Govt workers drive to get their missions accomplished.  Many of the agencies still depend on GSA when the agency is hort

Some of those assignments when 4WD are not available and assignments still need doing......still need to get done..

Rental car issues are pretty broad brush considering  agencies have perm personnel, PT personnel, volunteers on forest and refuges. Even older 65+ drivers out there doing volunteer projects for various resource agencies

Not much different damage issues as one can read in CAP Sentinel  about folks backing up vans and hitting stationary objects, not paying attention to spare tire air reqs, basic CAP vehicle maintenance which is is done at veying levels of rental car mentality, also    .....So in that respect GSA vehicles have just as many or MORE varied driver than CAP does even after 3 hour govt sponsored drivers training (online or driving)

Maybe CAP could take  a hint...SOME of the membership treats CAP vehicles likewise

Laplace

:clap:  Congratulations Chris!  Very well deserved.

Any training planned for those who can't attend workshops at NB?

badger bob

NHQ staff will be available for conferences across the country, especially those thru the end of the year.

I will probably start a thread on this site so the interested can ask questuions and comment.

NHQ has some distance learning software that is internet based. We should be able to use it for some "how-to" sessions.

By the time the ORMS inventory site goes live, we also hope to have some tutorials or frequently asked questions embedded in the inventory system. We had 4 wings involved in the pilot, although the final product has a few changes.  Those of us that have been working with CATS or CEMS should be comfortable with the new system.

One of the most frequent dings in inspections was the paperwork and the filing of the paperwork. Finally, the filing will be done on the computer and the inspections can concentrate on the critical aspects.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

Airrace

Quote from: badger bob on August 18, 2009, 02:10:52 PM

I like this idea. We could all use the equipment. I have been to a few military auctions and are suprised at how low the prices are for items less than four years old. Sometimes they don't even get a bid.