USAFA/CAP

Started by Flying Pig, March 27, 2009, 03:03:50 PM

Flying Pig

Question..

After this cadet leaves for the Air Force Academy, are they considered active duty? Better question, can a USAFA Cadet remain a CAP cadet?

Capt M. Sherrod

Yes, they can remain a cadet while at the Academy until they reach 21.  I have a cadet in that very scenario right now.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

ßτε

For the purposes of CAP cadet membership, being a an academy cadet does not count as active duty. The cadet can continue to be a CAP cadet.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

At least when I attended (very briefly ;D) USAFA, there was a squadron there.

Flying Pig

Thats great.   I appreciate it.  The cadet talked to the Sq. last night about being appointed.  In fact, about 1 year ago, the local newspaper did an article about our Sq. and had a photo of this same cadet where he mentioned that his goal was to attend the AF Academy. 

DC

I believe so, I remember hearing about cadets earning their Spaatz during their time at the Academy...

sardak

Scott (es_g0d), USAFA class of '97, has some good info about this:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=7295.0

Mike

Al Sayre

Quote from: 1st Lt M. Sherrod on March 27, 2009, 03:06:04 PM
Yes, they can remain a cadet while at the Academy until they reach 21.  I have a cadet in that very scenario right now.

As does MS Wing...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Al Sayre on March 27, 2009, 10:12:05 PM

As does MS Wing...

... as does Clearwater Comp Sq, Florida Wing.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

mprokosch11

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on March 28, 2009, 09:08:38 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on March 27, 2009, 10:12:05 PM

As does MS Wing...

... as does Clearwater Comp Sq, Florida Wing.

I guess I'll join in. Two cadets from the Utica Cadet Squadron are going to the USAFA and the Naval Academy.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

flyguy06

There is a very large CAP Squadron at the USAFA.  Its mostly USAFA cadets and they are also CAP cadets

es_g0d

Heh.  Just follow the link.  :D
Good luck and good hunting,
-Scott
www.CAP-ES.net