Combat Control Orientation Course (CCOC)

Started by RogueLeader, March 21, 2009, 11:50:26 PM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Pinchuk D. on June 01, 2009, 09:05:46 PM
hello,

when doing the push ups for the PT test, are we allowed to go into any kind of rest position? like the one where we go up into a upside down V or like the navy seal push up rest position, where you can lean on one arm as long as the other arm and both feet are on the ground.

The only authorized rest positions are the high arc, your first example, and the second is sagging in the middle, so long as your legs stay off the ground.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Selection went well.  While we didn't have as many applicants as we had really hoped for, we still got enough to make this a GO event.

The Plank Class of the CCOC did very well for all aspects of Selection.  I'm kind of embarrased that some did better on the run than I did ( he did his 2 mile run in under 12:00 min.)

I'm proud of all that applied, because they all gave it  everything they had.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Gunner C

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 07, 2009, 05:40:20 PM
I'm kind of embarrased that some did better on the run than I did ( he did his 2 mile run in under 12:00 min.)
With youth comes speed, with age comes experience.  ;D

Stonewall

^Concur.  My PT scores only got better with age.  I didn't max the APFT until I was 28.
Serving since 1987.

Gunner C

Quote from: Stonewall on June 07, 2009, 11:26:04 PM
^Concur.  My PT scores only got better with age.  I didn't max the APFT until I was 28.
My first max was at 30.  Funny how the body and mind work together.  Heck, I ran my fastest 2 mile at 35. [/drift]

Aaron - What was the go/no-go rate for the selection?

LittleIronPilot

I would LOVE to see more of these events for Officers.

Alas I know that will never be. :(

RogueLeader

We had fewer applicans than anticipated, 2 no-go out of 11.  We are working a posible way to add more, but we have met our min-force standards, so we are a GO.  If any Seniors want to go, and can meet all the Standards- PT the big one, we may be able to get you slotted, cadets as well.  Contact us via the emails on the Website.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jb512

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on June 08, 2009, 03:39:16 PM

It's almost never too late to run off and join the military (especially the Army these days)...

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: jaybird512 on June 09, 2009, 01:22:45 AM

It's almost never too late to run off and join the military (especially the Army these days)...

10 years of service including a combat tour. Been there done, that....but it is still fun to get out and "play" with those who serve once in awhile.

DBlair

Yea, I heard something about the National Guard allowing new Officers to commission up to something like age 40 or 45.

I'm currently trying to get an age waiver to join the USMC (Reserve) as an Officer (Candidates must commission before their 28th birthday, but is theoretically waiverable a few years), but the NG is starting to sound pretty nice with those 40 or 45 age limits. hehe
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

RogueLeader

Like I said, we are still looking for a few more people.  If you can do the PT Test, we can work with you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Gunner C

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 09, 2009, 11:35:33 PM
Like I said, we are still looking for a few more people.  If you can do the PT Test, we can work with you.

Any more, I'd need a two year headstart (age, etc).

RogueLeader

To all Cadets and Seniors:

If you are still interested in attending CCOC, we can still take 10 more cadets and one senior.  Just go to http://www.capnc007.org/ccoc/usafccoc.html and email me all the forms NLT 1700 on 17 Jun 09.  We will work out everything else from there.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DBlair

Regarding the Senior Member opening- is it as a student or staff? If so, what role? Does the SM need to meet the same application requirements as do the Cadets?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

RogueLeader

This is a student slot.  You must be TFO/1st LT, completed SLS and pass the Selection PT Test.

pS, if you are a Senior that just switched from being a Cadet, and you would have been eleigable, but are not now (ie 2lt/FO, missing SLS but had encampment etc.) I'm sure we can work it out.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: DBlair on June 09, 2009, 05:35:16 PM

Yea, I heard something about the National Guard allowing new Officers to commission up to something like age 40 or 45.

I'm currently trying to get an age waiver to join the USMC (Reserve) as an Officer (Candidates must commission before their 28th birthday, but is theoretically waiverable a few years), but the NG is starting to sound pretty nice with those 40 or 45 age limits. hehe
Frankly unless old aged civilians are in some super speciality that the military needs, it's doubtful that there would be an interest in granting waivers.  There's plenty of enlisted personnel who have vast military/technical experience & who have toiled for years between deployments etc to get their college degree & are a "known" as far as leadership potential who should be in the competition pool for a comission.

MAYBE CAP senior membership/leadership experience might give one a bit of an edge of a pure civilian applicant.
RADIOMAN

afgeo4

Thank you for this course. One of my cadets made his way down to NC from NYC and passed the selections. He is thrilled and excited beyond belief of course.

I can't wait to hear about all they've done and see the pictures.

Are there plans for an advanced course? What could this cadet do with CCOC next year of he chooses?
GEORGE LURYE

CadetPrograms074

I have a question.

Is this activity sanctioned by CAP NHQ?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I would think that it must just be a Squadron activity open to more than just squadron members.

Lt. Provost
1st Lt Joseph R. Provost, CAP
Cadet Programs Officer
Testing Officer
Leadership Education Officer
Danielson Cadet Squadron
Civil Air Patrol-USAF AUX

SarDragon

Read the whole thread. That's all covered on the first and second pages.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flyguy06

Most Squadron activities should be open to anyone Iwould think