Main Menu

No help?

Started by AvroArrow, January 13, 2009, 12:13:20 AM

AvroArrow

I just got done with the KSWG encampment and there were some COWG cadets; two of them on staff with me.

I've contacted one them, a he, twice through (predictable for a teenager ;] ) Facebook and I know he's been online; he just updated himself not but 5 minutes ago. I've been trying to get some tips for passing CESSnA for the COWGE; he was even recomended by the encampment commander, Lt. Col. Ashby.

Any reason why he might be ignoring me? He's talked to me prior via Facebook  ???

Al Sayre

Maybe he didn't know what you were talking about.  What's CESSnA and COWGE? 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

AvroArrow

Colorado Wing Encampment. COWG has "CESSnA" for their staff selection rather than applications. This cadet is an officer and has been a staff member at COWGE already, so lack of knowledge seems unlikely.

Cadet Encampment Staff Selection Activity

Eclipse

Did you try calling him on the phone?

Contrary to popular belief, Facebook is not the most efficient means of communication.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Send him a certified letter.  You are honestly expecting people on an internet forum to tell you why someone we dont even know might be ignoring you?  Maybe go to his house and ask his mother if he can come out and play.

Although I did see your signature line is "the unresourceful cadet".  Maybe you should change that and try being resourceful.

AvroArrow

I don't have his # and my only way to get it is through email. The irony to that is Facebook sends you an email when you get a private message.

He's emailed me and me to him numerous times prior to the encampment. But he seems to be currently "embargoing" me.

edit:
Pig: I was searching for ideas and possibilities, not necessarily answers. Most of the CAPTalk members here are SMs and I know everyone has a good deal of experience more than me. Why not give it a shot?

Just wanted to add, I live on the east border of Kansas where he lives in SW Colorado

Al Sayre

Or perhaps he feels that it would be unethical to compromise the selection process by giving you assistance that other applicants do not have...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

AvroArrow

Then why not say that?

He discussed with me about CESSnA on the last day of the encampment. Why not resume our conversation?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If nothing else, I'll be on my way to otherwise investigate.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

IceNine

He he, Dirty Laundry is funny :D

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

AvroArrow

♠SARKID♠

Let me go charge up my transcendental telepathy powers, read his mind across the country, and I'll get back to you.

Flying Pig

Look partner.  It was sort of an odd question and has no answer.  NONE of us know why this other cadet doesnt want to talk to you.  If its like anything else in life, its probably nothing and has a simple explanation in the end.

Pumbaa

Well from what I can sense with my telepathic powers, he has better things to do than email you from facebook.  He wants to be left alone to just updating his profile and such and writing inane crap.

Why should he be bothered responding?  His life is his own and he is doing his thing.