Main Menu

Vanguard ???

Started by Major_Chuck, March 03, 2006, 07:45:14 PM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 19, 2006, 12:00:10 PM
Well thanks for putting me a little at ease ;)

I have the sage green nomex, I got lucky and got one that is a perfect fit and new shape off ebay for $31 shipped.  I've seen that style/ color going for over $50! too.. another website offers used for $75 or so.. This auction happened to end around 9 am, which is a great time to get the deals!  Not a lot of bidders! Now to find the proper cap to go with the sage green nomex...

Blue flight cap with blue braid for SM without grade; blue flight cap with silver/blue braid for senior member officers. If you wear the blue NOMEX flight suit or utility uniform, no cap is required.

Took me about a couple of weeks for Vanguard to ship my order for a blue utility uniform (aka the 'poor man's flight suit')  Theirs is about $10 more than the utility uniform sold by The Hock Shop, but the quality is much better and it's patterned after the current issue 'green bag' flight suits (pen holder flap on left sleeve (which many cut off) and knife pocket on lower right leg).

Usedflightsuit.com sells their 'Class A' (best quality) used NOMEX green bags for $49.95 these days.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nick

Quote from: shorning on March 19, 2006, 01:31:23 PM
Nah, Nick, I'm in Hawaii.  So for most of you, I'm up a little later.  But more importantly, I'm a shift worker.  12-hour shifts, 3-on/3-off, rotating days and nights every set of two shifts.  NIPR is just one of the networks I'm required to use in my job.  So I troll CAP Talk and CadetStuff in between other tasks.  Lucky me, I have the night shift this weekend.

I need a life... ;)

Ah see, that's where we diverge... apparently the AETC NOSC people have felt it incumbent upon themselves to require all AETC proxies to ban forum sites (to include CS... I haven't tried CAPTalk) on NIPR, so no trolling the boards for me at work.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

shorning

Quote from: BillB on March 19, 2006, 04:45:21 PM
What regulation authorizes CAP LTCol's to have a life. I've never found it.

Heck, as  CAP Lt Col, I have plenty of time.  I'm unassigned and spend most meetings wondering why I keep renewing.  I'm not sure I'm really needed in my squadron.

It's my day job and school that's keeping me busy.  That's part of the reason I don't do more with CAP.

ELTHunter

I placed an order for name tapes and a cadet rank insignia and it took over three weeks for them to ship.  By the end of week two, the cadets parent had gotten tired of waiting and ordered them from another source....I found out Vanguard will allow no changes to CAP orders after they are placed.  They sited too many changes by CAP folks causing too many orders to be delayed.

If you can find it somewhere else, I'd go there.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

wildman

E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer... other than that ... I don't know there phones seem to be tied up a lot.
If you happen to call after hours don't call there Calif number on the answering message.... those folks in the Calif store ARE RUDE!! :-*
wild

wildman

Hey what about the BLUE NOMEX suit-anyone know where I can find a deal on that....yes, I checked E Bay and many other sites.....just can not see paying vanguard... 260 $ for a new one.. I will make due with the utility first.
Thanks for any tips.  ;D
wild

SarDragon

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:29:12 PM
E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer... other than that ... I don't know there phones seem to be tied up a lot.
If you happen to call after hours don't call there Calif number on the answering message.... those folks in the Calif store ARE RUDE!! :-*

There is no California storefront. Their business is all mail/phone/email order, and all CAP business is done through the Virginia branch. IIRC, I made that quite clear when the shift to Vanguard was made.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

shorning

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:29:12 PM
E mail them make it to the attention of Beth Maul.... she seems to be quicker than the average bear there. Usually get a same day answer...

Really?  For me it's usually taken a week to week and a half minimum to get a respone from her (or anyone there).  I'm still waiting for them to get me things I ordered at the end of January!  I think there service has been less than spectacular. 

And, yes, my opinion of them is decreasing the longer I have to wait...

Pumbaa

Interesting, I had an issue with an order called and got right through on the phone today.  Person took care of it and said my order will be shipped in a timely manner... hehehehe

shorning

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 29, 2006, 11:00:38 PM
Interesting, I had an issue with an order called and got right through on the phone today.  Person took care of it and said my order will be shipped in a timely manner... hehehehe

Phone isn't an option for me.  By the time I have a chance to call them, they are closed for the day.  The one time I was able to call earlier, they individual I spoke with didn't know anything about my order.  I hope they get their act together over the next few months. 

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: wildman on March 29, 2006, 06:34:41 PM
Hey what about the BLUE NOMEX suit-anyone know where I can find a deal on that....yes, I checked E Bay and many other sites.....just can not see paying vanguard... 260 $ for a new one.. I will make due with the utility first.
Thanks for any tips.  ;D

Not many places stock dark blue CWU-27P-style NOMEX. You might try www.flightsuits.com .
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 30, 2006, 12:47:44 AMNot many places stock dark blue CWU-27P-style NOMEX. You might try www.flightsuits.com .

They are about a ten minute drive from me. Good folks to work with.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Just got the latest CAP Volunteer. It has an article covering the transition to Vanguard. The members they quoted obviously weren't from CAPTalk or CadetStuff, as they were signing praises about Vanguard. :o

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: arajca on March 30, 2006, 03:18:22 AM
Just got the latest CAP Volunteer. It has an article covering the transition to Vanguard. The members they quoted obviously weren't from CAPTalk or CadetStuff, as they were signing praises about Vanguard. :o

Who'd Vanguard pay off?    >:D ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

shorning

Are you sure it wasn't in another language?  ;)

arajca

Quote from: shorning on March 30, 2006, 06:13:47 AM

Are you sure it wasn't in another language?  ;)
I'm sure. I'm fluent in American, although I can do a passable BS. ;D

Pylon

Excellent!  Biased press!  Just what I always hoped we'd have for our organization!   ::) :P
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Pylon on March 30, 2006, 02:17:24 PM

Excellent!  Biased press!  Just what I always hoped we'd have for our organization!   ::) :P

"First to go, last to know... we will defend to the death the right to be misinformed!"  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

biZarre

Placed an order on Feb 28th, had to call one to find out order status other then eternal pending, UPS now says my package will arrive today Mar 30th. 

We shall see. 
???
Doug Kilian, Lt Col, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs
Minnesota Wing

Major_Chuck

I was just checking the status of my most recent Vanguard order and low and behold there is my last order that I received a few weeks ago.  Its status was still waiting for shipment. 

I really don't like the fact that on the Vanguard site you can't switch to other uniform items.  If you're logged into the CAP site you can't select from the other site and vice versa, unless if I am doing something wrong.  I ended up having to register for both sites.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard