Ground Team Uniform

Started by Jerry Jacobs, June 20, 2008, 08:10:46 AM

maverik

Quote from: Jerry Jacobs on June 20, 2008, 08:10:46 AM
Last I heard there was no official effort for a CAPM 39-1 compliant Ground Team Member Uniform.  So my idea for a Ground Team Uniform is an orange shirt which has your name and Ground Team rating on the front and Civil Air Patrol Search and Rescue on the back.  The pants would be gray trail pants and any boot/sock combination you desire.  Cover would be orange or a squadron cover. 

The purpose of this uniform is to provide a more desirable/functional uniform for when it is Summer.  I'll post pictures, tell me what you think and add any suggestions.

Suggestions;
Instead of it saying GTM1 it should show the badge
You got the right idea but......... you need to design one for all climates and also I love the reflectiveness. Just don't wnat to wear a short sleeve SAR shirt out in the thorns of Indiana ;D
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

SarDragon

Somehow I missed the edit that added the pix in the first post.

Here's what was available from the Bookstore some years ago. I got them at a closeout sale at a wing conference.

They look kinda kool, and have a pocket, but the functionality is lacking. I wore them out on a flight line once, and they didn't even work well there.

I think what's in the CAWG supplement is a good starting place.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NM SAR

Honestly don't see the need. Another uniform to maintain. I like to shuck my blouse out in the field because I like my arms uncovered. Others like long sleeve. Current uniforms in effect allow for both options. As for visibility, get the most obnoxious orange vest you can find. Also, the white t-shirt specified for the BBDU is much more visible than the black for the standard BDU.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

It is another Zombie thread...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer