Great Lakes Region-North Encampment 2006

Started by Slim, December 12, 2005, 09:05:44 PM

Slim

The 2006 Great Lakes Region North Encampment will be held 2-9 July, 2006 at the Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center.  Cadet and senior staff will need to report at 12:00 P.M. on 1 July.  Due to limited availablitly for billeting, this will be a Sunday-Sunday activity for all members except for staff.

We are currently filling our senior staff positions, and are looking for seniors interested in serving as TAC officers.

Anyone interested can contact me via PM or email for further information.

Slim

Briski

**Bump**

Check out the encampment website for more information regarding cadet staff selection!

http://glr.cap.gov/encampment/

Good luck to those who choose to apply.
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

Yoda

For those lucky enough to be in Squadron 1 (or cursed enough, depending on how you look at it ), I will be commanding it.  We have an excellent staff, and I hope to see a large turnout of cadets.  I'm really looking forward to this year. 

A couple things that will help you succeed at encampment: look over your manuals (specifically the CAPM 39-1 Uniform Manual, AFMAN 36-2203 Drill and Ceremonies Manual, and the CAPP 151 Standards, Customs, and Courtesies).  Knowing these manuals backwards and forwards will be of invaluable assistance to you at encampment.  As far as drill and ceremonies goes, you want to really be familiar with Chapters 2 (Individual Drill) and Chapter 3 (Flight Drill).  The Uniform Manual you should be familiar with the short sleeve blues and BDU uniforms.  Be sure to look at the supplements regarding the wear of the American Flag and Special Activities patches (Take note that the mandatory wear date of the American Flag has been pushed to April 2007).  You should be familiar with all of CAPP 151, as it's all important and only 5 pages long.  Last, know your general knowledge.

The other major thing that will help you is to be humble at encampment.  It will do you no good to keep interrupting your flight staff with corrections.  If there is something you want to address, try to wait until there's a good oppurtunity to speak with them on the side and respectfully ask your question. 

If you know your knowledge and come prepared to work as a team, I guarantee you you will be ahead of the power curve and this will really help make encampment a worthwhile experience for you.