Testing night

Started by floridacyclist, January 31, 2008, 01:09:44 AM

rebowman

My cadets range from 12 to 18.

The18 yr old cadet is the best.

I have tried having them teach the classes but they never want to.  They always complain but when I ask them for their ideas they never give me anything to go with.

I will try again and see what happens.

DC

Force them to. They have gotten used to not having to do anything, and you need to break them of the habit.

Are there any other squadrons nearby with stong cadet programs? Maybe if feasible you and a few senior cadets could go to a meeting or two and talk to their DCC and Cadet Staff, or, maybe have a few experienced cadets from there come to your meetings and give your cadets a kick in the [fourth point of contact].

Do any of your cadets attend Encampment, or NCSAs? How active are they in Group and Wing activities?

jeders

Quote from: rebowman on September 29, 2008, 07:08:35 PM
I have tried having them teach the classes but they never want to.  They always complain but when I ask them for their ideas they never give me anything to go with.

Simple, don't ask them. Tell them.

If they don't teach the class, then no milk and cookies.  ;D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

notaNCO forever

I just tell them when they will be teaching a class and when I want the outline by.

DC

Quote from: NCO forever on September 30, 2008, 03:37:21 PM
I just tell them when they will be teaching a class and when I want the outline by.
I'm assuming you are in a well established SQ though. Some squadrons have a very... lethargic, for lack of a better word, cadet staff. They get lazy when everything is done for them, and ostensibly don't want that to change, but all of the energetic and very successful squadrons had very active cadets, who took a very proactive role in squadron management.