NY Mission Aircrew School

Started by Pylon, August 04, 2005, 01:07:46 PM

Pylon

FYI:

This is short notice.  There will be Mission Pilot and Mission Aircrew Schools held at in Oriskany, New York at the Airport Ramada Inn (Airport Rd.) over the course of two weekends (Aug 6/7 and Aug. 13/14).

The schools are training for those who would like to be pilots, scanners, or observers as well as refresher training for those who already are.

The Ground School is being held Aug. 6/7 with the practical flight training the following weekend.

Reservations including name, rank and CAPID should be emailed to emailed to Capt. Ghiron ASAP. (paulghiron@aol.com)

Acceptable uniforms for the weekend include Blues, CAP Corporate Aviator combo, or flight suits.

For those wishing to make reservations for rooms, they can do so direct with the Airport Ramada Inn 315-736-3377.  Mentioning you are with the CAP seminar when booking you room will gain you the military discount per agreement with Ramada.

I'm going for the aircrew school.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Pylon

Well, the Ground School is over and it was quite an educational experience.  The practical in-air training was rescheduled due to a Mountain Flying school being run at the same time by NY Wing.  They haven't set a date yet for the air part of the school, but nonetheless, I plan on getting into a CAP aircraft in the next few weeks to putz around with the GPS, particularly the SAR screen, and maybe DF some practice ELTs.

The hands-on experience, I feel, is crucial to have as close to the classroom instruction as possible.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP