Civil Air Patrol window decals

Started by afgeo4, August 28, 2007, 04:13:55 PM

afgeo4

So driving around I always see the college and military window strips on the back windows (I have the U.S. Air Force one myself). I've never seen a Civil Air Patrol or now U.S. Civil Air Patrol one. Anyone know who makes those?
GEORGE LURYE

IceNine

You could probably get something like that made from

www.cafepress.com

If you get that let us know I would love something like that!!!
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Stonewall

That's a pretty good idea and probably one that would make money.

I bet some of the same people that say "having a DOD decal makes me a target of terrorism" are the same people that have 5 stickers on their back window telling the world everything from their branch of service, what they do in the military and a few skills to boot.

I'm not a fan of stickers so much, but I have one helluva sticker collection in a box.  I tend to put stickers on everything except my car.  Nalgene water bottle; gear locker at the Guard, locker at work, clip boards, radios, coolers, helmets; you name it, I'll put a sticker on it.

I always wanted "qualification" stickers made for CAP.  Like how they've got jump wings, aviation wings, etc.  I'd probably even put my "CAP 201 File" on my rear window.  Just a smaller sticker, maybe 2" x 2" or 3" x 3".  Silverish in color.  That would be cool.
Serving since 1987.

trekkindave

If you do a search of "civil air patrol" a bunch of stuff come sup

Stonewall

Did a google search for "civil air patrol decals" and the first company that came up is less than a mile from where my squadron meets.

http://militarybest.com/ciairpade.html

They've got quite a variety of CAP decals, but I find it ironic that they have my old squadron and wing, but not more of the popular ones.
Serving since 1987.

afgeo4

Quote from: Stonewall on August 28, 2007, 04:42:47 PM
Did a google search for "civil air patrol decals" and the first company that came up is less than a mile from where my squadron meets.

http://militarybest.com/ciairpade.html

They've got quite a variety of CAP decals, but I find it ironic that they have my old squadron and wing, but not more of the popular ones.
this website didn't have any window strips at all...
GEORGE LURYE

IceNine

That site is pretty sweet,  But how about the old magnetic decals that said "official Business" etc.  For those times I get stuck in my truck on a mission?

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

afgeo4

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 28, 2007, 04:46:24 PM
That site is pretty sweet,  But how about the old magnetic decals that said "official Business" etc.  For those times I get stuck in my truck on a mission?
I was looking for those last week, but neither Hock nor Vanguard carry them anymore.
GEORGE LURYE

floridacyclist

As active as I am in ARES and CAP, I've never felt the need for "Official business" type decals. My EOC ID card they gave me before New Orleans has always been sufficient and even when they sent me to MS, they gave me a little rearview mirror hanger thing that didn't matter...they still checked my ID card.

I admit I had a pretty good laugh at a buddy of mine who showed up with more decals than Jeff Gordon plastered all over his truck....they checked his ID too.

That doesn't stop me from having my CAP license plate and my "Support Search and Rescue...GET LOST!" bumper sticker on my back window along with a few ham radio and sailing stickers, but it's more about pride in being part of a good group than anything. of course, on my old car, it helped hold the thing together, but that's a different story.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

IceNine

Understood, but Joe Blow farmer has no clue what is going on when a random truck pulls up asking him about airplanes and landing strips.  These just serve as a little more solid evidence that we are legit

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

floridacyclist

Around here, advertising that you're from the gummint ain't always the best course of action LOL.

Everything from shine to weed comes out of the swamps and coastal wetlands.

Most of the locals have enough respect for and curiousity about a military-appearing uniform to at least ask before shooting :)
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Stonewall

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 28, 2007, 04:55:35 PM
Understood, but Joe Blow farmer has no clue what is going on when a random truck pulls up asking him about airplanes and landing strips.  These just serve as a little more solid evidence that we are legit.

That's what I use my visor LED red/blue light for.

Kidding....
Serving since 1987.

pixelwonk

WIWG has 'em.  Funny, the designer never got one though. *grumble*

It was created before the command emblem changed, so ...meh.
The grey background is actually clear in the decal.

afgeo4

Quote from: tedda on August 28, 2007, 06:02:35 PM

well... who printed them for ya? spill the beans!
GEORGE LURYE

TankerT

Well... your friendly neighborhood chief of staff has you covered... the holder of the decals has promised to mail you out a few in the next few days.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

TankerT

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 28, 2007, 06:08:08 PM

well... who printed them for ya? spill the beans!

You don't want to know.  We had so many problems with that company, it wasn't funny.  I mean... really, really, really had problems.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

pixelwonk

trekkindave

Cool site, until national finds it and sends  a stop production order like they did with 1800nametape.com

mikeylikey

One of those stickers for the car window comes in the new cadet and senior member binders I think? 
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

I'd much rather see window clings versus a sticker or decal.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP